• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My CPU temp dropped, but not much.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TekeTorvo

I received my new HSF. Zalman CNPS7000B My temps went from 49c Idle - 54c Load (Playing Farcry), to 41c Idle - 48 Load (Playing Farcry).

As I was putting this HSF on, I couldn't find my AS3 anywhere, so I used the Paste that came with it. I know AS3 is alot better, but will it lower my temps by 5c? Because I still feel like I am running a little hot.

Also, I had bought Wet/Dry sand paper 400grit, 600 grit, and 1500 grit, to Lap this HSF before putting it on. Am I right thinking that this particular HSF has been lapped? I don't see how it is possible for them to have made this particular HSF and not Lap it. I guess what I am asking is if I should Lap this HSF? It don't look like it can get any better, but I already have the stuff to do it anyways.

I posted these questions in the cooling section. My apologies for posting in the wrong thread.

The Zalman paste is not bad actually, after removing it and applying AS5 I saw no change.

Back