• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI neo 2 & 3200+ Bios Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chris64

Disabled
hey guys well i finally recieved my 3200+ 939 stepping cbbid 0501.
Now i just have about a dozen questions for yall. I have gotton this thing to run at around 2500mhz but it aint stable i think i got alot of settings wrong in the bios. Here are some of hte ones i have had problems with.

1.Adjust CPU VID 1.525 <=== when i change this it doesnt change the vcore
2. Cpu voltage over vid <=== this i have set to over 5.0% this was the only thing that seemed to raise the voltage
3.multi <=== i have it set to 10x
4.FSB <=== i have it set to 240 currently
5.ht frequency <== i have it set to 4x
6.cool n Quiet <=== is disabled
7. dram timing is set 1t

I have hyper x pc4000 kingston and hte timings are set to 3.4.4.8 1t. I know this memory can do at least 260 but i get blue screens when i try or it wont boot windows, should i crank hte memory voltage, i have had it at 2.8 before and it still did nothing. I would just like 2500mhz stable if possible and ill quit crying. Cpu is on water with dual rads and idles at 29 load is around 35.
Thanks guys for putting hte time into answering these questions.

once u get near or above 250htt u'll need to use the 3x ldt. also u might want to bump the voltage a bit more.

also in cpu z under memory by fsb:dram is says CPU/10 , from my barton days it used to say 1;1 there , how do i tell the divider?? and how do i set it??

The divider will be your Max Memclock setting in the BIOS
1:1 = 200
5:6 = 166
This board is very picky and if your volts arnt reading in cpu-z after you have raised them look at the actually vcore in the BIOS and see what that reads. I know my cpu-z vcore reading is always off from what the actuall vcore is.
What version of BIOS are you using?
I hope you got one of the good 04 51 or newer cores because i have seen alot of people that havnt been able to hit 2.5 including me with these newer cpu-z

well im usin the 166 max mem clock and im at 2.6 semi stable, doom 3 for 1 hour. Ive cranked the over vid voltage to over 10.% and it reads about 1.6 in motherboard monitor. 10x 260, is it bad to run hte memory out of sync?? so far at these settings im getting the best performance

I think 1.6 is the most you can get(at least on my neo2 with bios 1.4). The cpuvid won't change to anything above 1.45 so anything above that is still 1.45. It will only change if you go below that. That is why you weren't getting any changes.

genjaguar do u run the memory and fsb in sync?? or do u use a divider, it seems to good to be true that ive hit 2650 now stable, im runnin hte max memory thingy at 166 though, i think the mem reads at 225, also what are your temps??

I have the same voltage problem as you do. When using the regular voltage increas setting where you actually use the voltage from a list, it seems to make little or no difference whatsoever. The only way I've been able to increase it is by using the percentage increase settings.

You can't increase the original voltage over 1.45. Anything over it will default to 1.45. Thats why to get past that you have to use the percentage increasing. You can test it by going to 1.425 and seeing that your voltage did decrease but having either 1.45 or 1.55 will give you the same voltage.

I'm trying to run my memory in sync and find a good overclock but I haven't been able to get anything stable yet. I'm trying to get 240htt stable at 10x for the cpu with my ram at 2.5-3-3-10 but it fails prime and I dunno what I should try. Cpu burnin gets my temp to about 48.

Nothing past 1.45 in the core sction will increase the core voltage...this is with all NEO2's...you will need to download 1.36MOB BIOS to get the extra 13 - 18% overvolting options to work (only bios out that has the working extra overvolt options)...this will give you up to 1.7v on core with the extra overvolt options...

1.36MOD

glock is the man, is there any windows flashing utilities , i dont have a floppy

chris64 said:
glock is the man, is there any windows flashing utilities , i dont have a floppy

Winflash

How to use Winfalsh

NOTE: DO NOT flash the BIOS using this program while OCed or with a unstable windows OS...the last thing you want is windows erroring out or god forbid...a reboot during the flash...99% of the times if that happens...RMA time...

Back