• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which PSU Tagan or Coolermaster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aleeh

Registered
Welcome to the forums!

I'd go with Tagan of those two, however I'd make sure the vendor has a good reputation for customer satisfaction - Tagan's customer service is awful. If you're in North America, skip Tagan altogether. These are made by Topower, and are less of a gamble if you grab Topower made stuff from OCZ (preferably the Powerstreams), Globalwin, Aerocool, BeQuiet, or A+GBP.

Coolermaster's units are ok, but not great.

My suggestion would be to have a look at the Fortron AX500 also - hard to go wrong with a Fortron. Also worth looking at are Zippy above 400w and Seasonic above 400w.

so you say that Tagan psu are made by Topower do they have a good reputation of making reliable psu's or should i go for another brand. Fortrons are very had to get here in the netherland so any other suggestions

Topower's reputation is pretty good at the moment thanks to OCZ's Powerstreams. They aren't the best for reliability and build quality, but one could do a lot worse.

I would see if you can find an actual Topower branded unit first, since you live in an area where it's actually easier to find them than here... look for the P6 line first (like the TOP-706P6 600W - OCZ Powerstreams are P6 based). If not that, I'd look into some of the other companies I listed that are using Topower before going with Tagan.

Fortron/FSP can also be found under the names Aopen, Zalman, Nexus, SilenX, Powertech, and Sparkle/SPI. If it's reliability and long term stability you want, nobody except maybe Zippy/Emacs can make them any better.

Back