• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old R12 22Ounc Compressor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XeonStrikeForce

Old R12 22Ounc Compressor (Updated w/ Pics :) )

He I have a sweet 1973 Vintage vending machine 22 Ounc R12 compressor.

I plan on Using R22 in it but just any Ideas one what would be fun to do with such a masive and powerfull compressor.

Last edited:
You could make a direct die phase change with multiple evaporators. Say one for the CPU and one for the GPU, or even 3 for SLI.

Better yet, you could build a direct bottle phase change. Your from BC, so you probably buy your beer from the liquor store like the rest of us (damn cold beer and wire stores are too expensive). The amaricans just can't appriciate this, as their beer is kept cold in the grocery store right next to the milk, but buying warm beer is a real problem. You buy the beer, and naturally you now want to drink it, but wait, it's at room temperature :cry: I suggest you build a phase change system with an evaporator that fits snugly around a bottle, so you can take your beer from room temperature to 0 in about 30 seconds. Then just grab that bottle, pop in another one, and your off the the races. Just Give'er eh!!

lol I doen't drink beer, never liked the tast, How ever I have found meny a way to keep my coffe' hot :) . I have some friends in the chem field I was thinking it would be fun to set the thing up to use Amonia or propain as a refridgerant hehe.

The thing is in awsom condition and verry servicable :) and got like a mile of capilery tubing on it even Took me a long time to hual it home on the back of my 18speed bike lol

Propane is very easy to fill it with.

If it were me I'd go with a mix of R22 + a shot of R290.

I'm not sure if the regulations in canada are the same as the states, but they are generally pretty close. Do you need any certification or anything to buy or use R22? What about other refrigerents?

I'm not sure about R22, but It's pretty easily available if you look around.

R134A can be bought off the shelf like anything else you buy. I even found a shop that'll just sell me R404A, but they made me tell them what it was for. I got a wierd look for that.

the regulations in Canada reguier a cert, so tetraflouro Ethan would be one I can get with out a cert (Freez spray) lol, but I have a friend who does refridgeration :) so I can get it off him.

Hey mat your in Van too :)) Heh come over some time I'll wipe ya up some cofe' that'll wake the dead and you can have a gander at the beast n perhaps we could play with some ideas on what to do with it :)

matttheniceguy said:
hmmm... well I'm still BBQ certified, so R290 it is!!

:beer: never failed me. 1kg of refrigerant is as cheap as 9kg bbq gas
and can hold a cascade -51c load temps :clap:

r12 compressor work fine with r290 in these small systems we make.

Attachments

• bbq r290.jpg
    bbq r290.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 226
Back