• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broke Down and Ordered all My h2o equipment

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Well guys, I have finally ordered my watercooling equipment. Heres what I ordered:

CPU: DTEK WhiteWater
Well I had two choices, the DTEK White Water or the DangerDen TDX with Nozzle #4/5. My first instinct was to get the TDX because it was only 2-barbed which was going to be easier to route for my first watercooling setup. I could also get the top in brass which is will not crack like lucite can. I was randomly browsing the DTEKCustoms web-site and saw a new version of the White Water. It has a universal aluminum top, and costs around the same as the TDX and accelerator nozzle package. The White Water is superior in every test ive seen, so i thought what the hell I'll go with this block.

GPU: Silverpro HL Fusion
I had my eyes set on the DangerDen block, but the cost, weight, and restriction of the block turned me away. With a price over $100 U.S. dollars I was quickly turned away from the block, I do not have the money to put on a GPU block. So found the next best solution, the SilverProp HL Fusion made in Aus. The HL has enough clearence for ramsinks (I bought the OCZ copper BGA sinks) and it only cools the GPU so the ram heat is not put into the loop which is a plus.

Pump: AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12 Mag Drive
I had a few choices of pumps, i was set on the DD 12v pump from DangerDen, but someone mentioned the AquaXtreme and how much better it is. Less noise, does not whine like the DD12v, and has slightly better performance.

Radiator: Weaponized Heatercore & Shroud
I have probably changed my mind on radiators about 10 different times. I originally had the DD core set, changed cases and wanted the Thermochill 120.3, then wanted a heatercore because I was not going to have the funds for the 120.3, so I went back with the DD core. I think saw a thread over at hardforums started by 2Fresh selling painted heatercores and shrouds, I pm'd him and he was out of shrouds so I moved on. Someone mentioned Weapon over at XS and I ended up purchasing his shroud and core.

Reservoir: DTEK Bay-Res
I was orignally going to purchase a DD Fill Port and go with a t-line because I wasn't too sure how many drive bays I would have left after installing the heatercore, I did a rough esitmate and I will be able to fit a Reservoir in the case so I ended up liking that idea more. I got the high density Polyethylene reservoir, it doesn't crack like its older brother the normal bay res.

Fans: Powerful Delta 120mm 12VDC Fan
I was originally going with the famouse Sanyo Denki's but they are no where to be found, so I went on a little hunt to find fans that were less than $6 dollars a piece and could give me the performance I needed. I found them over at the electronic goldmine, these little buggers cost $4.99 each and push 152CFM, so I found a good replacement for the Denki's.

Hose: Clearflex
I picked up 10feet of clearflex tubing from MCMaster for under $10 dollars which is a steal IMO. I am going to use metal worm drive hose clamps with the hosing.

Water Mixture: Distilled Water + Anti-Freeze
I did'nt feel like buying fluidxp, or any of the name brand fluids made for watercooling, I'm going with good ol' antifreeze I can get dirt cheap at my local autostore.

I have already received my heatercore, and ramsinks. My gpu block is supposed to come in, in 10 buisness days (damn Aus. why do you have to be so far ). Today I put in the rest of my order, so my stuff from the egg should be hear Tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure about my other products, but ill post a work log for you guys as soon as it all ships. Sorry for such a long post but I thought what the hell. Totals were around $400 US dollars.

Weapon shroud and core purchase

Where exactly did you go to buy Weapon's shroud and core and how much (what is XS)? I was looking at his sticky here today.

Looks like a nice setup. You'll have to post pics.

Also while I am thinking of it, I was looking yesterday at Mcmaster for clearflex but could never find it on their site. All I see is the masterkleer tubing (same thing?). Got a page number?

voigts: you can pm him here, XS = xtremesystems.org. PM him for prices and what not. As for the clearflex a member here gave me this number 5231K237, page 85

got it

Thanks for the item number. I will take a look into weapon's stuff. Maybe I will check with a metal shop that is 5 minutes from here to see what they would charge for something like that shroud.

'Broke down..." I'd say that you finally wised up and bought your h2o epuipment. The parts you ordered are sure to make one killer system.

that's almost my exact set up only I didn't go with a GPU block or the Weapon Core. I'm sure you'll be very happy with ur purchases.

Circaflex said:
voigts: you can pm him here, XS = xtremesystems.org. PM him for prices and what not. As for the clearflex a member here gave me this number 5231K237, page 85
Wrong, Weapon will most likely NOT sell you a shroud outside of the classifieds on this forum. Only other was would be for you to convince him to sell one on eBay. Else, get up your 100 posts to see the classifieds.

Actually sunrunner I think he was saying that he could PM him at the xtremesystems forums, not these forums. Which if you do PM him he will give you all the details you want/need to know.

Weapon's shroud

Thanks Circaflex for the info. I PM'd Weapon at xtremesystems and got a quick reply with all of the info.

Back