• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-90 vs XP-120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EspElement

i know that the 120 is alot bigger.. and apparently should be better.. but why is everyone i know have the 90 if the 120 is like 10 bux more.. (newegg)

the only thing i could find that the 90 is better for.. is that u can use a tornado 90mm on it which is 119cfm or so.. and the max i can find on a 120mm is 108cfm (newegg)

but i dont understand why ppl are always using the 90.. i plan on getting one but i wanna get the concept here.. thanx!

rofl...www.sidewindercomputers.com - has delta versions of the "tornado fan" in all flavors - including the most powerful 120mm fan known to man - 220 CFM baby!

the xp-120 has compatability issues with some motherboards, due to its ENORMOUS size... and the price difference... newegg rips you off on that stuff - you can find it much cheaper elsewhere

but the main thing is compatability - not all motherboards can fit the xp-120 on it, and thoes who do fit, usually need modification (bending caps - possibility of damaging mobo))

i read somewhere and mine will fit it just fine.. no issue once so ever...

220?!?! how much? where?! i want it! lol

exactly the board i got...

awww SWEET thanx guys.. i guess ill just be getting those combos... man thats massivly loud.. more then my tornado 92mm was! lol

EDIT whoa! i saw a post who said somethiong about this board is the only one compatable.. and it was mine and i posted and it was gone! lol

newegg.com has WAY higher prices for the XP-120 than some other places...

EspElement said:
exactly the board i got...

awww SWEET thanx guys.. i guess ill just be getting those combos... man thats massivly loud.. more then my tornado 92mm was! lol

EDIT whoa! i saw a post who said somethiong about this board is the only one compatable.. and it was mine and i posted and it was gone! lol

Let me show you a few pics of this beast install in my rig
220 CFM of pure Cooling Power.

Delta220Front.JPG

Delta220Side.JPG
\

My Custom Spacer Duct setup for my XP-120

New_220_Delta.JPG

Ready_to_go_back_in..JPG

The wires on the spacer duct is my Custom UV LED Mod

LED_Mod9.JPG

I love XP-90. My temp goes down from 48/64 to 41/52. I cannot be happier.

XP-120 is nice but it is too big and harder to install, don't you think? Plus, in reviews, XP-90 is on par with XP-120 ( fan is the difference, hence, XP-120 should be a bit quieter )

I had a 120 before I switched to WC. Like Sneaky said, MB issues are a big factor. I had to go get longer screws to mount mine. The ones that shipped with it were way too short if you use the metal X backing plate that comes with it. One tends to wonder why they would not include the proper screws. And it would only fit 1 way due to capacitors. I would suggest modifying it a bit, nothing drastic. File the sharp edges off the bottom of the block so when you mount it you dont scratch your chip face. Make them roundish if you can, and I would consider lapping the surface since it isn't really a top quality stock lap. Maybe if I had done that I wouldn't have changed to WC, but hindsight is 20-20 they say....oh well. I am happy with my WC setup anyway. Good Luck!

With XP-120 / XP-90 suggestion I aks a question:
"Will XP-120 fit your mobo?" and answer is the same as if to go with XP-120 over XP-90.

I can see your mobo on XP-120 compatiility list, so I recommend it. You can move a lot more air across it with same or less noise compared to XP-90.

man_utd said:
The one bad thing with the xp120 is it just dumps a rediculous amount of heat into your case. Good exit ventillation is a must.

Personally I consider this as good thing, as I think it's better to dump this heat rather to keep it in CPU. Good ventilation is a must for performance cooling of course.

iam still not sure if xp-120 can fit on my mobo.. but logically it doesnt when u think of the size of it.. my mobo is 8ANXP-D.. any1 will gimmi good news of it?

i have an XP-90 heatsink. i have a 3ghz C intel and an asus mobo (too lazy to type in the name)

my idle temp is about 30C i never go over 40C under load. i had a watercooling setup and switched to this due to fear of it leaking and this heatsink has served me very well. (maybe just as good as the water would)

eh i dont care!! i had the 92mm tornado and i got 6 tt smart fan 2's so i dont care.. i like my **** as cold as i can! haha

oh i didnt notice all the rest of ur posts guys! lol
but apparently its supposed to lower your system temp... cause its so big half the fan air goes onto the mosfits and other places.. so iw as told.. or heard it somewhere.. may have even been on thermalrights site

Back