• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman Clone $7.95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cyclone-b.gif Cyclone CPU Fan and Heat sink

Cool down your processor with MGE’s new Cyclone CPU Fan and Heat sink! It features a 92mm fan that can be controlled by any of our Fan Control Units, it is noiseless and vibration free, It supports both AMD and Intel processors, and it’s base is 100% pure copper with Aluminum Heat Sink for added heat conductivity and stabilization of heat exposure.

Fits:

Intel Socket 478
AMD Socket 462
AMD Socket 754

SPECIFICATIONS:

Base Material 100% Copper
100% Aluminum
Weight: 384g
Bearing Type: 1-Ball
1+Sleeve
Rated Voltage: 12v
Speed: 3000rpm
Noise: 32dbA
Fan Connector: 3 pin
Dimensions: 102 x 102 x 69mm

16.23 shipped....
haha 32db is supposed to be silent? :p

dude, at $8 what do you ask more? Beside Zalman is not silent when you run it at full speed either. This HSF also has a fan control unit like zalman, so you can run it at low speed and have quite machine.

that's about right for al/cu - the all copper coolers are heavy!

The zalman at high speed is 26db, so no 32db isn't quiet, but this is much cheaper than the zalman. It might move more air also..

Wonder what the base looks like.

Well I've just ordered this fan/heatsink. I've been needing a heatsink upgrade for a while and have always been eyeing at the Zalman's but wanted something cheaper for an upgrade so this gave me the perfect opportunity to do so. Hopefully it'll come in a few days, it was $16.00 shipped for me.

The heatsink came in on wednesday, so here's some pics for those who are interested:

dsc055058mf.jpg

dsc055063jt.jpg

dsc055070vl.jpg

So far on my system that's running with no case fans (for noise purposes)besides the power supply, and on a Abit IS7 board with a P4 2.4b @ 3.006Ghz at default voltage I'm getting a idle temp of 41C and load temp of 56C. This is at a ambient room temp of 70F and mobo temp of 32C at idle. Definitely a improvement over my stock coolermaster heatsink I had before, but only by around 5C. I'm also using the packaged white thermal grease that came with the heatsink. Do you guys think these temps are about right or are they a little high for what I have?

They sound about right considering you have one exhaust and no intake fans. Case fans should help, as would a duct to the CPU.

HeNry2kOoL said:
Based on my temps, how well do you guys think this heatsink performs compared to a real Zalman?

Pretty close, probably slightly worse. The bottom looks a tiny bit rougher than the Zalman, so lapping it may help. And the point about using AS5 or Ceramique is a good one. I sometimes assume that everyone is already using it, and I overlook it.

one of these clones comes with a socket A adapter, does this one or is it for newer AMD sockets only?

if m/b temp sensor on is7 is in the same place as in ai7, zalman give a bit less of a spread between idle m/b and cpu temps in my rig... from 3 to 6 c depending on the ambient...

could be not the sink though. it took me several tries to find how to mount it right and how to apply the grease correctly (check arctic silver site for guides, it really works).

these type of sinks do need some extra attention but the result's worth it man...

It fits these CPUs according to the website-

Intel Socket 478
AMD Socket 462 (socket A)
AMD Socket 754

I just got 2 of these, pretty neat, (2 for 25 shipped) and has the clip for socket a amd's, Thanks OP

HeNry2kOoL said:
The heatsink came in on wednesday, so here's some pics for those who are interested:

dsc055058mf.jpg

dsc055063jt.jpg

dsc055070vl.jpg

So far on my system that's running with no case fans (for noise purposes)besides the power supply, and on a Abit IS7 board with a P4 2.4b @ 3.006Ghz at default voltage I'm getting a idle temp of 41C and load temp of 56C. This is at a ambient room temp of 70F and mobo temp of 32C at idle. Definitely a improvement over my stock coolermaster heatsink I had before, but only by around 5C. I'm also using the packaged white thermal grease that came with the heatsink. Do you guys think these temps are about right or are they a little high for what I have?

HeNry2kOoL, Since you have no airflow in your case to speak of due to noise concerns, may I suggest to you that you buy one or two of these 23dBA Dual ball braring Sanyo Denki's, they are true 23dBA fans and are virtually silent while providing just a hair under 30cfm. I use these fans in my Power supply and I have one on a top blowhole. Great fan and for $8 shipped thats well below the msrp of $19.99 plus shipping.

(If this auction finds a buyer before you, just e-mail the seller and he'll put up a new listing for you, he's a really good vendor with a retail shop, but his ebay sales are cheaper)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3673&item=6749894163&rd=1

Back