• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oc card even with artifacts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

ive heard people cranking up their core to 500 and 400 on memory on some 9800pros and it doesnt seem that its possible due to the ammount of heat put out by the card. even with better cooling it doesnt seem like a plausible oc. i mean, my card can do about 450/380 but i get artifacts like crazy. are these people seriously getting that high of an oc without any artifacts?

I would probally have to say maybe your card is a low performer, i have a PNY 5600ultra that gets better memory and pretty close core, and i wouldnt think there would even be a comparison
cardspecs8uh.jpg

yup it also depends on the type of conditions your in and the card it self. some overclock better than another. diffrent companies use different memory sometimes so that is also another variable

im talkig mainly about the core. i have the r360 core and it still doesnt clock well. how do these other guys get to 500?

463.JPG

No problems here...a few atrifacts pop up in 3dmarks...but nothing to void a run...and do you honestly think the top scores are truely artifact free ;)...

My older Pro ran at 500+ on core without any volt mods and artifact free...cooling is a definet plus...running a VGA that is stripped and 2x60mm YS Tech mounted on it is a real plus...80CFM is always a real plus especially when cooling a GPU...

5081.JPG

Last edited:
if u are able to flash ur card into a xt it might be able to get u 10-20 mhz more clock stability other than that thoes guys might have ben useing livuid nitrogen or water with volt moding at witch point it doesht suprise me

9800pro w/R360 (sapphire) ran 480core on the stock cooler, runs 486 with VGA silencer. Not 100% clean through 3dmark, but can loop without too many problems. Needs vmods now ;) hoping for 500+ on the core :D

sean478 said:
if u are able to flash ur card into a xt it might be able to get u 10-20 mhz more clock stability other than that thoes guys might have ben useing livuid nitrogen or water with volt moding at witch point it doesht suprise me

actually both of my cards are on air without V mods...the latest Pro does need a V mod for the core...but doesnt need for the memory...

I just wish I could combine my old GPU with this Pro's memory...

508/414 would of been great on air with no v mods

BTW - my old core was the R350...

sean478 said:

Flashing to XT won't net you more Mhz on the core. Nobody is using exotic cooling to get those clocks on their videocards. Some people use peltiers, some good air cooling, and others water, but some cards are way better than others.

flashing does give u more stability i have personal experence i flashedmy x850 from a xt to a xtpe and after i got more oc stability 15mhz (core) 25mhz (mem)

unfortunately, i cant find the ati 128mb 9800xt bios anymore. only the ati 256mb 9800xt ones, so i guess im stuck with the pro bios. at long as i can keep running higher speeds as the as5 breaks in im fine with it.

AZNBoiOnFIYA said:
unfortunately, i cant find the ati 128mb 9800xt bios anymore. only the ati 256mb 9800xt ones, so i guess im stuck with the pro bios. at long as i can keep running higher speeds as the as5 breaks in im fine with it.

Here is the Gigacube XT BIOS...this is the best Pro to XT 128mb BIOS...

Attachments

• GCXT.zip
    32.9 KB · Views: 49
Back