• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, suggest the best possible oc'ing mem I can buy for an A64 rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WA2

Just as it says. I have the bug to buy new. My OCZ is treating me well...I just need something elses to mess with. ;) I have an ocz booster, so voltage is not a problem. I would like atleast 275+fsb...

VX would perform better than TCCD, but it wouldn't hit 275. If raw bandwidth is the focus, than G.Skill is the one to pick, but for true performance, VX at 260-270 with 2-2-1.5 timings wins out.

G.skill TCCD, LE's.

gskillbandwidth.jpg

I got mine from Monarh many months ago, i think Newegg carries them now. I know TCCD is on its way out, so act fast :p

either get g.skill LE/LA or BH5/VX/UTT. two different styles, each appropriate for different systems (although good ones can do both.)

Gautam said:
VX would perform better than TCCD, but it wouldn't hit 275. If raw bandwidth is the focus, than G.Skill is the one to pick, but for true performance, VX at 260-270 with 2-2-1.5 timings wins out.

I know this is insane but Oppainter @ XS did hit 275 stable on his and somebody tested UTT vs TCCD on a DFI NF4 and even using dividers with the UTT clocked @ 225 and the TCCD @ 275 there was very little difference in Sandra Mem Bandwidth Benchmarks.

Personally if You've got money to spend I would either buy some OCZ VX or else Komusa ddr-500 which is TCCD speed rated to hit 300FSB, only problem is its $330 a gig.

I have read that and for me it is a waste since I can run the exact same timings at 229 (275/166 divider) as I can at 275 1:1...

See sig for specs...

Back