• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapest way to adapt a whitewater socketA to socket 754?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkman

Hey fellows and gals, what is the cheapest and easiest way to adapt an existing Dtek whitewater socket A block to a socket 754 pattern, I have seen the offered plate at cooltechnica and was wondering if anyone has any other ideas that won't cost much.

-milkman

plexiglass or some flat bar stock, and cut out a slot to clear all three barbs, and just drill 2 holes for the mounting screws on the 754 socket.

easy you can make one like me :) this was before it was actually finished it looks much better once it was painted to a glossy black!

Picture041.jpg
Picture040.jpg
Picture042.jpg

don't use plexiglass if you want to make a bracket - get some 1/4" thick polycarbonate (lexan) and cut one out with a dremel or something of the like

or some 3/16" stainless plate or aluminim, but this is more of a PITA to cut out and perform finish work on

It depends on the tools and expertise you have. If you're sans both, or don't get off on fabbing parts, the cheapest way would be to simply buy replacement mounting hardware.

Hi , the cheapest ...well FREE way to do it , is just take off the mounting bracket for the HSF and put it over the WW and then screw it back on . I did it with my K8N Pro , my K8N Neo2 , and now my DFI Lanparty NF4 with my WhiteWater. Works like a charm. I used the screws that come with the P4 version and tighten it up using the thumbscrews that are included.

Anyway here's a pic

ww%20block.jpg

Back