• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Sempron 2200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deb.steve1

Hi, I have an AMD sepron 2200+ on a Abit KV-7 board. I have read that the Sempron CANNOT be overclocked as it is "locked". I have overclocked it (and i am a very big novice!) using the bios menu. I am running it very happily at 1.9Ghz (it should be 1.5). Is it possible to take this higher?, and if so how please?.

Thanks Steve.

Welcome to the Forums!

Your Sempron has a locked CPU multiplier so it can't be easily overclocked by increasing the multiplier like older Athlons. But as you've discovered you can overclock by increasing the FSB.

Read through the stickies and you'll learn much more. What you want of course is speed and stability and cool temperatures.

There is also a mod that you can do to the chip itself, which will turn the CPU into a mobile, and will let you change the multiplier inside windows, which means you'll be able to overclock it even further.

Back