• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DvD media

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MUTCHYMAN

Registered
DvD burner upgrade

ok, I am looking to get a NEC ND-3520 off of newegg. But also there is A liteon SOHW-1673S (or SOHW-1633S).....people say the NEC is good, but also i have read the lite on is good, which one would you choose and why. Also, post some blank mediia suggestions that are reasonably priced

Last edited:
Which burner do u like better, ur NEC or you Lite on and why..which is giving you better quality

They both burn fine. I am not one of those type of people that speed tests my burners. The only reason I have two is because I thought my DVD drive was going bad so I got the NEC. It turned out to be a bad IDE cable, lol. Right now I mostly use the NEC to burn and the liteon to read.

Either is fine, though I think the tray's on the NEC's are constucted a bit heavier, both are good.

I'm running a NEC 2500 with the dual layer mod.. Great drive..

Dayton

I have an NEC 3500 and love it. My last drive was a Lite-On SOWH-812S@832S. I am very happy with the switch mainly because of speed. The reason I didn't get another Lite-On is because at the time they didn't burn lower quality media as well as the NEC. That might be different now with new firmwares though.

nec and lite-on both should be good. i have an optorite dd1205 and it's perfect.

i've used RIDATA DVD+r 4X and LEGACY DVD-R 4X with no problems. alhtough the legacys would NOT burn with dvd decrypter.. weird. nero was fine though.

I have a plextor px-716a and it burns TDK 8x DVD-Rs @ 16x with nero. I also have a Lite-On SOHW-1673S but I wasn't able to test those same DVD-Rs on it (to see if it burns them at 8x) because they ran out. :(

Also, the plextor drive is a lot more quiet than the lite-on drive. The disk spins louder in the lite-on drive for some reason..

Paul1 did you run any test on the quality after the 16x burn. please run plextools and do a QCheck test TA test.

thanks

I got a NEC3500 here, so does my Dad.

Anyways never teh less I love this drive.

Media get the ridata. They work perfectly. The 4x burns at 8x and reads perfectly. Besides that you can't really get cheaper disks then this for the price. I've always likes +R media so tahts what I stick with. Seems to be better expesially if you are backing up video's to use in your settop player.

Back