• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

View CPU Temp & Load via. Internet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jason Hilton

Registered
Hey guys,

I was wondering if its possible to view your current CPU Temp & Load over the internet. I got WebTemp for MBM but just like it says... its only for Temp. Is there a program that does both, or one I can use w/ WebTemp?

Thanks,
Jason

MBM can show CPU usage, so there shouldn't be a greater problem... or maybe I'm simply wrong...

Eventually you can play a bit with Folding at Home, so you could easily guess your CPu usage :)

hes trying to find a program to show over the net, when hes at someone else's house.. right??

Remote control software ? Justconnect to the system - insetad of having to run an HTTP server - which almost NO residential ISP allows anyways.

Mr.Guvernment said:
Remote control software ? Justconnect to the system - insetad of having to run an HTTP server - which almost NO residential ISP allows anyways.

Well, that would work, but I really want to do it on my Treo 650.
I'm just looking for something basic to display live (or allmost live) temps and load %'s on the internet, that I can view on my Treo.

I think Road Runner allows servers, i'm not sure though. If they don't they havent bugged me about my FTP server yet.

Last edited:
yes if u run an FTP off non standard ports - they usually wont bug you, also as long as you arent sucking up too much banwidth - i had an FTP on rogers about nyears ago and had 250g of transfers in 1 month, they said nothing.

but HTTP are easy to find and i dont know of any cable ISP that allows it unless your on a buisness line - moght want to check with them because if they dont it is groun for termination of your account. - unless use an excuse like i did

"Oh sorry, i did not know i had an HTTP running, i had installed Windows 2000 and i guess it turned on the IIS autoamtically...lol

they fell for it :D

How about grabbing ThrottleWatch to see your CPU history??? It's free ... then setup your systems for Remote Usage (Control Panels, System, Remote).

GUNNaH

How about grabbing ThrottleWatch to see your CPU Usage??? It's free ... and will also show if your CPU is throttling back. Then setup your systems for Remote Usage (Control Panels, System, Remote) to view what's going on via the other system.

GUNNaH

Webtemp is capable of this, for the image tab, select to upload one of the statistic options to the web.

You should also have the "memory and CPU speed load" setting enabled for the graphs.

SunRedRX7 said:
Webtemp is capable of this, for the image tab, select to upload one of the statistic options to the web.

You should also have the "memory and CPU speed load" setting enabled for the graphs.

The statistic's box is grayed out. I do have memory & CPU load enabled on the graph though.

Back