• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need an inexpensive ps for a DFI NF4 motheboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gplracer

My friend wants at A64 computer. What is the best power supply for a DFI NF4 motherboard that does not costs a lot? She is not going to game. Also would it just be better to go with a more inexpensive A64 motherboard? Thanks!!!

Nope. Get the DFI nF4 Ultra-D or SLI-D if you think SLI may be in the future.

The FSP AX500-A blue storm is around $90 shipped and I can personally attest to it's ability to handle 2x6600GTs overclocked w/ an overclocked CPU & 1GB of ram. If you're thinking 2x6800s are in the cards then don't cheap out. Spring for a serious PCP&P SLI power supply.

nF4 is a good, fast, overclocker friendly board, but his friend wont be gaming, so sli totally over kill her. So I suggest the Ultra at best, its a 939, so you can upgrade in the future, 754 pin board, like nf3 is on its way out, so probly dont bother, unless your that strapped for cash.

If she isn't going to game then get a 400W PSU, fortron is a good brand for a good price just make sure it has the 24 pin connector. Get an nf4 board and a cheapo vid card like the new X300's or the 6200s. But make sure she NEVER wants to play games like the Sims2. If she does then get a better vid card. I'd also recommend grabbing a 3000 winnie to save a few bucks

What is her price point?

Back