• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which newer videocard will run on ABIT KT7-100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bassdabob

Registered
Hello

currently i am using an older KT7 board with an barton at 2,2Ghz but with an
old GF4TI4400. now i am looking for an newer ...

i have tested a leadtek A400TDH (6800) but this beast takes too much current from the old AGP this board has. so the card is always resetting itself if you start 3D game...

any suggestions which faster videocard will run on the good old board?

9800pro? 6600GT? has anybody tested it?

THANX for any info!!

greetings from germany! :)

bassdabob said:
Hello

currently i am using an older KT7 board with an barton at 2,2Ghz but with an
old GF4TI4400. now i am looking for an newer ...

i have tested a leadtek A400TDH (6800) but this beast takes too much current from the old AGP this board has. so the card is always resetting itself if you start 3D game...

any suggestions which faster videocard will run on the good old board?

9800pro? 6600GT? has anybody tested it?

THANX for any info!!

greetings from germany! :)

How do you know it's the port itself?

If you don't have a quality 400watt powersupply you'll have problems.

The 9800Pro works in there. If you have money I'd get a new board before getting a new card.

hello

thanx for the reply. buying always new part is never a suggestion for me.

i am using the board now since 1999 and it runs still very good. i am not WILLING
to spend more money then necessary. i could buy new parts but this is not the thing

i have tested with leadman 400W and enermax 480W. not difference.

i have a DFI lanparty ultra a also but this means new ram new PSU...

that the video draws too much current was a suggestion due to the art
of the fault. i have tested lots of settings with the 6800 and i finally returned it....

Hello!
I am using a KT7a and i've already tried an ATI 9550se (bus=64bit) with 128mb DDR and it works fine, also with Doom3!!

I've just bought an ATI 9550 (bus=128bit) with 128mb DDR which i could easily overclock @9600 (it has the same chipset) and maybe (depending on the quality of the memory) @9600 PRO or XT!!!

I think this card (9600XT) is the maximum allowed for our mainboard, i've heard a lot of people which have not succed in using a 9800 (and also the 9600 All In Wonder doesnt work).
But with the card I told you I've bought - which is a DirectX 9 for 55 euros(!!) - you can play with all new games!!!!!! :cool:

PS: ah, with the ATI 9550 or 9600 you can find also fanless versions, that is the one I've took 'cause now I'd like a more silent PC! :p

Last edited:
I would think you could run any card that has external power connectors as well. A 6800GT or ultra, a bunch of the x800's, and even some older Nvidia FX series cards. Try something that has a molex on the card, so the card doesn't have to draw all it's power from the mobo.

matttheniceguy, unfortunately I think (but im not 100% sure, i have not personally tried) this is not true...
I've heard of guys who have tried some new cards that has external power connectors and they dont succed. I think if you have enough powerfull supplier the motherboard can handle anyway the necessary power for the video card.

My opinion is that the problem comes from the new high-end cards that has AGP 3.0 (like the ATI 9800) while our mainboard has AGP 2.0 specifications (max 4x). ;)

Last edited:
In sign my new videocard!
It works well with every games and it's OC with passive cooling, there is no fan!! no noise! ;-)

Back