• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with xp-120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huey

So i was installing it and somehow chipped the bottom of the heatsink where it is most important. I was wondering if there were any ways to smooth them out so it is flat again.

I also had another question, checking my temps at idling are about 37 degress celcius and 37 with load. I was wondering what i need to do in order to get my temps down, and there is no over clocking of my cpu. I used as5 and believed i installed it right the second time and it only dropped 2 degrees.

Feel free to talk to me on aim smhu3y

well you can lap the heatsink. Still think there is a sticky. Don't use too much AS5! Sometimes you need a few hours to get the cpu stable. Other info would help to like your computer and vcore. Good luck and 37/35under load is really low btw.

There's quite a good guide to lapping over at Big Bruin. Check it out here: http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews/lappingguide/index.php?file=1

Lapping my old TT PIPE101 shaved 6C off the temps. Don't need to lapp my current Zalman. A shame it doesn't cool as well as the PIPE101 (dropped my OC from 2.4GHz to 2.2GHz for the same temps), but I think the silence is worth it.

Check out my avatar to see the finish of my old PIPE101 after lapping....

Back