• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Build + Cooling (Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamcaster

Registered
Hi,

I'm new to the forums and thought i would start off by posting my latest build.

I chose the case because it takes one front 120mm fan and also one rear 120mm, making the case very good for cooling and also very quiet.

I have the fans linked up to a fan contol and are running quiet and cool at 7v.

For the cpu i have a panaflow 92mm on an xp-90 with a spacer in between for reducing the noise and to improve the cooling a little better.

Let me know what you think!

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
wow very nice rig! BTW, if u didnt know, those stick of RAM arnt running in dual channel if thats s754 which it looks to be. How are your temps for that processor and the XP-120?

BTW dreamcaster, are u gonna OC that video card? u've already voided the warrenty so GO FOR IT! lol

Thanks for the feeback guys!!

My board is a dfi lanparty 250, i didn't think 754 supported duel channel memory??

The vid card is overclocked 450 core and 1200 on mem.

3d'mark'03 - 13,200

jcw122 said:
wow very nice rig! BTW, if u didnt know, those stick of RAM arnt running in dual channel if thats s754 which it looks to be. How are your temps for that processor and the XP-120?

The heatsink is an xp-90 with a spacer and a panaflow. Temps are 29c idle and around 38-40 prime load which i think is pretty good!

very clean setup. i really like how the inside of your case looks. the outside isn't bad either ;) i bet you can get some more out of that processor tho. 40c load @ 2.64, i bet you could get to 2.75-2.8 out of it. can't complain about your 3dmark 03 score either, very nice setup :)

I really do like your case, I think I might use it in a future build (Intel this time ;)) And like Sentential said, I'd go with a single, better fan on the CPU over the current ones unless those just have their stickers removed. Noticed you had stealths in the case, how quiet are they in real life?

Tatuya said:
I really do like your case, I think I might use it in a future build (Intel this time ;)) And like Sentential said, I'd go with a single, better fan on the CPU over the current ones unless those just have their stickers removed. Noticed you had stealths in the case, how quiet are they in real life?

he only has 1 fan over the HS...the second is just a gutted one used as a spacer

Tatuya said:

I used the panaflow on the heatsink mainly for one reason - silence. The fans are very, very quiet. Yeah i should remove the stickers on the fans (look at alot better without them) but i don't have a window etc so i never really have to look at them lol

I recomend the stealth fans though, on 7v, which i run them on you can barley hear them. Its ace :)

And with the silencer on the vid card it is noiseless heaven!

For the overclock i'm happy with what it is at the moment, i don't feel the need to push it any higher, it will just mean upping the v-core and that will mean hotter temps and more fan power = more noise :-/

Back