• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who got better deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enablingwolf

Senior Member overclocking at t
While I was attemping to fix a realtives pc I somehow talk them into buying my old rig. I was wondering if I gave a really good deal to a relative. Here is what I got.

Part 1:
GA-8KNS Pro
AMD64 2800+
XP Home
cheapo PC3200 512(will have options later
I had $350 to go on. This is actual price for the trade, I just bought the PC parts.

Part 2:
Service for an old Gateway Performance7000 (installed a purchased copy of XP Pro to be server of sorts) w/ installation of network and fileshares..yadda yadda).
A functional AMD setup w/ lifetime support, minus cost of upgrading, repair of parts
AMD 2400+ T-bred w/ Giga-Byte Pro cooler
512(2x 256) Samsung PC2700
GA-VM266
AIW9200 w/ all software and cabling
40 gig 5400RPM Seagate
2 HID's and other minor goodies the end user needs to hookup a rig
Cheap ATX biege case thing
15" Compaq monitor w/ included speaker mic package
No ROMs
**either the original copy of XP Home that is on the 2400+ or a new copy that is still in transit**

What part got the better deal?
I want Part 2 to have an awsome deal. I was very headstrong in getting into 64bit and somehow talked my way into one, at no out of pocket expence. Well $4.. But for that lil cost I have a 2800+ 64bit setup, on a MB that supports up to 12 harddrives(2 SATA RAID, 2 IDE RAID). I am hoping I did not get the better end. The end user is very casual and wished for a not top of the line and wants some room later to upgrade cheaply. If he wants to get a newer video or upgrade later he now has that option. Plus he always get my outdated parts.:D This 2400+ setup I knwo can hit over 2800+ speeds.

** This brings a question to my thoughts. Should I leave the current OS on the traded rig or install the fresh OS copy? I have the hardware intact so I am thinking of leaving it on this machine. Or does the XP TOS state, if the owner of the PC changes you need a fresh install. I will have two copies of XP for two pc, just what to leave or change.

Back