• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is my 1.5GHz Willamette only at 791Mhz stock???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

I've had this computer for a few years now...Its some POS thing made by LGIBM, decent at the time, but now its on word processing duty. 1.5GHz P4 with 256MB of RDRAM (yeah, its one of THOSE P4s). Well, I just ran CPU-Z on it for the first time on this comp, and I noticed something weird. Check it out:

cpu7907sc.png

Ummm...Why is it at 791MHz? I've never touched any setting in or related to the BIOS, ever. Has this really been running at 791MHz for the past 3-4 years???

Also, something else is weird: CPU-Z clearly states that I have 2 128MB sticks of RAM in the 1st and 3rd slot. However, in the memory tab, it says I only have 128MB total!

The windows System Property screen (right click on my computer, properties) reflects both of these oddities too.

Its got an Intel i850 NB (rev A2) with the mobo being read by CPU-Z as "Micro-Star International MS-6339". anyone ever heard of that make/model? didn't think so.

[EDIT] I just rebooted and went into the BIOS. THe only changeable option related to the CPU was the multi, for which it gave me values from 8x to 23x (is this normal? the only comp I've succsessfully OCed was my AMD...I wish I had a multi of 23x on that thing!!!). Should I change it so it's actually 1.5GHz? The last time I tried to OC an LGIBM computer, I had to replace the mobo b/c it died on me. I tried increasing the FSB by 33MHz...and the screen went dead. This was a P4 Northwood at 2.4GHz, btw [/EDIT]

Last edited:
VolcanoWarez said:
I've heard of MSI i have a MSI board it's pretty cool..

http://www.msicomputer.com

but I think thats all I can add to this thread.. Thats weird that it would read so little on MHz.. have you ever OC'ed it?

hey, MSI is Microstar International? Cool, i didn't know that. Of course I've heard of MSI, I just didn't make the MSI-MicroStar International connection. Funny a manufacturer as sucky as LGIBM would put a decent board in their machines...I've had a few LGIBMs (my dad has connections...well, had connections, as IBM is selling their computer buisness to Lenovo...) and I've hated them all.

Never tried to OC it...like I said, never touched a BIOS setting, cept mabey the "NumLock On" thing...I'll go see what MSI has to say about that board...

Back