• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

redline water wetter anyone use this?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oc-wanna-b said:
hey has anyone used this in there systeme?
www.racerpartswholesale.com/redtech3.htm i'm going to get, some the red color will give it a different look

Yes, I've used it for a year and a half or so. It works ok, but it will color your tubing a cloudy pink, and the water will be a mild pink color at the recommended concentrations.

See http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=369193 for more details of why I don't like it that much.

Though my guess is Zerex will probably stain the tubes too, from what I've heard.

it is smell bad and stains your tubing, I am using Zerex Super Coolant since I still have Maze4 in my loop, once I got Chrome Maze4 then I will using plain distilled water

DO NOT... i repeat DO NOT use WaterWetter. It stinks, leave your tubing stain and your HC stain.... To be honest it smells like urine...

Many ppl have used Zerex, if you want to look good, then VW antifreeze with blue color.

Yeah water wetter smells like a dirty alley.

If you want an anti corosive, go with Zerex. Zerex doesn't seem to stain tubes either. Zerex smells liek antifreeze, but it's not terribly pungent.

ok thx
i will cancel order for the water wetter and look at the vw blue coolant or the zerex super coolant and thanks to all who responded it helps alot thanks

besides pink is not my color lol

i would not tell people not to use it. it does work well . if you are only worried about looks then yes it will cloud your tubes but that alone is not a reason not to get it.

i have been using it for a couple of years and it has not only prolonged my systems life but that of the builds i have done for various companies. if oyu have a closed system and know how to add it you need not worry about the smell .

yes ther eare alternitives out there but just because there is does not mean this is not a viable product

does anyone have pics of a setup with Volkswagen antifreeze in it? How blue is it? I'm assuming it's not UV reactive...

thorilan said:
i would not tell people not to use it. it does work well . if you are only worried about looks then yes it will cloud your tubes but that alone is not a reason not to get it.

i have been using it for a couple of years and it has not only prolonged my systems life but that of the builds i have done for various companies. if oyu have a closed system and know how to add it you need not worry about the smell .

yes ther eare alternitives out there but just because there is does not mean this is not a viable product

Actually the WW will leave stain in your block and rad so much that will hinder their cooling potential. Thats what i experience when i started my first watercooling project back the WW was first recomended (Both my home-made block and maze3) I'm happy i got rid of them, the stain is just un-removeable...

BTW, i still have "half full" bottle of WW if anyone want some

If there are viable alternatives that don't have the downsides, why not use them? WW simply isn't worth it. Every single reason used to justify it’s use turned out to be false or can be accomplished better with other means. The only logical reason to continue to use it is sheer stubbornness. :)

telexen said:
does anyone have pics of a setup with Volkswagen antifreeze in it? How blue is it? I'm assuming it's not UV reactive...

Here's a pic of mine with the VW coolant. I've been running this for several months now and haven't had any problems with buildup or anything. And, no it's not UV reactive. It just looks good all by itself. :rolleyes:

New WC setup 038 (Small).jpg

How much water wetter were you guys using that had problems? Even in the motorcycle one bottle lasted a couple years on three bikes with regular flushing.

Perseus said:
That's just it, there's no recommended amount that can be deemed safe.

The bottle recomends 1 ounce per quart. Basicly 1/12. min or 1-20 max generaly speaking. The question is did the people using and had problems it do this?

smokenjoe said:
The bottle recomends 1 ounce per quart. Basicly 1/12. min or 1-20 max generaly speaking. The question is did the people using and had problems it do this?

This ration is for an automotive cooling system, not a PC-based water-cooling system. Also, I'm well aware of what the question was.

Perseus said:
This ration is for an automotive cooling system, not a PC-based water-cooling system. Also, I'm well aware of what the question was.

Not trying an argument. But a auto engine is a hell of a lot more demanding than a PC multiple metals at high temp >90C is common. Generaly speakig reactions occur 1x faster each 10 degree. Imagine spending 10k on the motor and the possibility of killing yourself because it gets to hot and blows up? Spot rust can cause pings pinging can kill motors locked up mottors can cause crashes that result in hitting a wall at 160MPH. Are you saying you need more protection than tuners do? This stuff wanst made for the daly driver it is made to run water on a race track.

Just thought I should let you know. You could alwys run a test Cu in the recomended nixture and see if it rusts.

No argument intended or prefered, SJ. More demanding yes, and also composed of different materials and subject to different environmental pressures. Your examples, while riveting, don't address the fact that we're talking about completely different animals here. I'm looking at a bottle of WW right now. None of the listed features of this fluid are applicable to the environment in my loop.

Last edited:
Back