• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEO2 3 or 4 SATA PROBLEM... HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zork®

HI all,

Yesterday i got 2 sata more to make a RAid 0 2x80 seagate on SATA 3/4 install windows bzc they are locket and get more overclock, all ok. But windows doesn`t boot when i plug the other 2 x 120 Segate on SATA 1/2, the system hang on.

I try to install windoes 4 sata plugged and it didn`t work too

I have tried many config on bios, and nothing work. My system have 4 SATA + 1 ATA IDE MASTER+ 2 DVD ROM IDE Secondary .

Need help with bios config or anything, don`t know what i have to get it work.

If you are overclocking, the problem is that sata 1/2 are not pci bus locked, which means they are trying to run at the same speed as your fsb. If you are not overclocking, then I don't know why that would be happening. Before I found out about the unlocked sata 1/2, I was able to get the system to run at 236 fsb before lockup. hope that helps.

rob 119 said:
You should post a sig so we can see what your hardware is.

My system :

MSI k8n neo2 + amd 3200+@10x250
mem ocz pc4000 gold rev2
raid 0 2x80gb seagate on SATA 3 & 4 WORK GREAT

2 SATA 120 and 160 on SATA 1 & 2

But SATA 1 & 2 don´t work at all. Some especial config in bios or same driver

You'll be ok using Sata 1/2 if you drop your fsb below 230. Thats why mine's @225 :)

Data corruption starts @ about 230.

Back