• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build what have i missed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firey_chasm

Well after quite abit of research over the past month or so and budgte isues have changed as well hehe but I think I have decided what I will be buying please let me know if anything is missing(no matter how small).

AMD 64-3200 winchester
XFX Geforce 6800gt(buy a 2nd 1 in a couple of months)
DFI lanparty SLI-dr
western digital raptor 36.7gb (buy a large seagate in a couple of months)
ocz gold vx 1024(2x512)
ocz 520watt psu
either a coolmaster wave master or stacker case

I already have a sound blaster extigy a videoseven 19" lcd monitor microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse and videologic 7.1 surround sound speakers and an external duel layer dvd writer

anything you think is missing?

Thanx

Richard

EDIT: when I first buy the system I will not be ocing much but when I do i will get the thermalright xp120 or 90 most likely

I don't know about everyone talking about static guards, I've never killed anything through static.... It was enjoyable teasing my friend about it though, he was grounded to the radiator rofl.

willkill1337 said:
I don't know about everyone talking about static guards, I've never killed anything through static.... It was enjoyable teasing my friend about it though, he was grounded to the radiator rofl.
Ive killed plenty of things to static.....its not fun :(

The static guard do you mean make sure you ground yourself regularly or is it a piece of kit you buy? As iv never heard of them before :( hehe.

Also I have a question about the stacker case my mate told me that I will have to mod the front to attach the fans and I dont not have the right gear to go modding a case atm so is this true or not as this will help me decide which case.

Thnx

Richard

Vince1990uk said:
CM WaveMaster's airflow isn't great, get the Stacker.

I'll second that! see link in sig

and static.lol never fried ONE thing from it in the 9 years of computers and most recently all done ON carpetng might i add!

*knocks very very hard on wood*

*OWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Note to self, do not knock very very hard on wood.

Back