• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n30r3b3l

Registered
I am going to be building a computer this weekend and I have a fan question. I am going to have an ASUS P4PE2-x mobo with a northwood P4 2.4B GHz. I have also ordered a fan controller (http://www.xoxide.com/kibllcdfanco.html).
I am plannig to overclock to about 3.0GHz or 3.2GHz. Ok... Should I hook the CPU fan up to the fan controller or to the cpu fan wire on the mobo? Also, not cooling related, but is it absolutely necissary to use anti static wrist bands, and if so where can I find them.

either way but how will you control the fan if not hooked to the controller? some mobos need the fan plugged in to boot so check that first.

no just touch the case and don't build it on carpet/leather shoes.

If you plug in to the mobo the BIOS controls it does it not? And if a fan needs to be plugged in to boot, I will have 5 case fans to choose from. Oh, and touching my case won't help with the static, it is acrylic.

Touch something metal that is grounded. Or spend the 5 bucks and get an anti static wrist band.

Back