• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Well My Vcore was at 1.56 for 200 Mhz, I figured that was a bit high so I thought I would try and step down a little bit. Well I put it to 1.52 (running 1.48 in Windows) and I primed it for 4 hours(not long but eh) and then I had to restart for norton. And when I tried to restart I got a little voice saying "System Faild Due To Overclocking" so I enter BIOS and rase Vcore ad rebot ssame message. So I set the Vcore and CPU speed to Auto and restart, same message. The only way it would boot is Load Bios defaults..

Help and Suggestions to this problem and it seems my stock Vcore is 1.534 :/

Your voltage is only an issue if your temperatures are too high. Seems that at 1.52v it was not enough juice to run your system properly. Once you had the cpu overclocking message you should have cleared cmos first.

Ahh ok well just thought it was sorta wierd because I was able to restart and run P95 for 4 hours at 1.48 V but next restart it decided not to work. So I guess I need a new cooling solution because at 1.56 V and 222 Mhz FSB CPU gets to 52C on P95 torture test.

52C under load is not exactly the end of the world. But if you want to overclock further then perhaps a better cooling solution is required. What HSF you using just now?

Back