• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lost wu and lost id

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Todays been a bad day for me when it comes to boinc for one I had 2 days worth of work which I lost according to boinc but I still have all the files in a folder is there a way I can "recover" them. On the other hand ive also deleted the email w/ my my activation id in it. Is there anyway to get the activation id sent to me again?

Probaly going to have to wait for the servers to get back online but you should be able to get your account ID and password emailed to you then. Don't know about the WU's, I've had quite a few that semed to have failed but I think that's just because they did'nt load proper to berkley's server, at least that's whats I keep telling myself!

If you go into your BOINC folder, there should be a file called "account_setiathome.berkeley.edu.xml". If you open it up, you'll find the two pieces of data you recieved in the confirmation e-mail in two tags. The URL is inside of the "<master_url>" tag, and your account ID is inside the "<authenticator>" tag. Once Berkeley comes back up, you can probably have them e-mail it to you as well (though I'm not quite sure where....)

JigPu

Berk would email the seti key to the email address the account was signed up for. If that account is no more, I'm affraid that you would be out of luck. :(

Thanks. Worked out the ID part. Now I just hope I get credit for my work :(. I know im def changing my cache from 2 to 4 days as soon as the servers get going again.

Mine are... messed up. I have two identical 1.6P4's and each has identical cache settings, yet one has 21 WU's and the other has 5.

Back