• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyundai L90D+. A bad mistake?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phantronius

Registered
I've been pounding all over the internet on reviews, personal opinions, tech stats, ect..ect... on getting myself a new LCD monitor to replace this bulky 19" Viewsonic CRT. After really wrestling between Viewsonics, Dells and Hydundai I decided to do the L90D+ from newegg.

But now alot of people are indicating that the monitors lack of 8bit color is coming back to bite them in the *** in regards to color quality in comparison to the Dell or Viewsonics but one review said that the L90D+ had the closest of true color to a CRT that they have seen. How can this panel get away with "faking" 16.2 million colors?

Can anyone give personal incite in regards to how well this monitor holds up to the Dells F200FPW color? I heard the ghosting is more likely on the Dells and that dells seems to have a serious quality control problem with backlight leakage, dead pixels.

BeHardware LCD review

i can't say i've used dell's flat panel, but i have used samsung 710t, viewsonic vp171b-2, L90D+, and 19" sony flat tube crt.

haven't noticed a color difference between any of them. i'm not exactly picky by any stretch of the imagination... but i wouldn't worry about it if i were in your shoes.

I think the colors look beautiful on my l90d+, they even look really good in dvd's. The only thing that I can find as a fault is the narrow viewing angles, especially vertically.

Welcome to the forums Phantronius :)

IMHO the 20" panels are better then the 19" ones. But I don't know if you can justify the extra expense.

For me, part of the problem is that most 19" screen have a native 1280x1024 (5:4 ratio) resolution. But this is silly, because the actual physical screen is a 4:3 ratio. So whenever I'm drafting and draw a circle it ends up being an ellipse. The 19" screens should really be 1280x960 native. :mad: The 20" screens are 1600x1200 (4:3). :clap:

I'm fond of the BenQ FP2091 myself, but it's not very common in the states.

edit: (Benq FP2091 is the same as the Dell 2001FP)

Last edited:
JCLW said:
Welcome to the forums Phantronius :)

IMHO the 20" panels are better then the 19" ones. But I don't know if you can justify the extra expense.

For me, part of the problem is that most 19" screen have a native 1280x1024 (5:4 ratio) resolution. But this is silly, because the actual physical screen is a 4:3 ratio. So whenever I'm drafting and draw a circle it ends up being an ellipse. The 19" screens should really be 1280x960 native. :mad: The 20" screens are 1600x1200 (4:3). :clap:

I'm fond of the BenQ FP2091 myself, but it's not very common in the states.

edit: (Benq FP2091 is the same as the Dell 2001FP)

Are you sure the physical screen is 4:3? Because it seems to me the lcd screen is a lot taller than a crt.

hello!

I saw that you have a L90D+ monitor. I love the picture but I cant get more than 60hert´z with DVI cable. Why??? Do you have any solution??

Thanks

Schakal
[email protected]

Schakal said:
hello!

I saw that you have a L90D+ monitor. I love the picture but I cant get more than 60hert´z with DVI cable. Why??? Do you have any solution??

Thanks

Schakal
[email protected]
That's all it's capable of. I can't get any higher

I'm actually thinking about buying this monitor very soon... and my question is will the 60hertz be any problem with things such as hurting the eyes while looking at it too long or anything else?

DaMobster said:
I'm actually thinking about buying this monitor very soon... and my question is will the 60hertz be any problem with things such as hurting the eyes while looking at it too long or anything else?
I thought it was too bright. Mine just wouldn't hold it's native resolution (gave video signal out of range) and then I got horizontal banding after Windows loaded -- had to RMA it. Was bright and crisp when it worked loading windows the first time but wouldn't hold resolutins -- no profile to load like many LCD's have -- I wonder if that is an issue?

^^^ thanks pinky - i think alot of people need to learn ALOT more about LCD's so they can realise the "refresh" rate is an old left over from CRT's and does not work like a CRT does.

LCD's refresh on a per pixel basis, not the entire screen. and even then the refresh rate has nothing to do with LCD's and plays no differnce.

I tried resizing an LCD from its native 1280x1024 to 1280x960 and saw no degradation of the cleartype fonts even under 10x magnification. I also didn't see any image problems either. Maybe I didn't have enough time to see any problems but it looked OK to me on a 19" Acer.

I was happy to see that zipzoomfly took 5 dollars off the price that they had it before. But since I used a different shipping address(my college) I Had to call to verify my order which delayed it a day... hopefully I'll get it by friday if not then monday. :D

I am having problems installing the drivers for this monitor. I can't get winXP to notice that the drivers from the disk are actually drivers. Has anyone else had this problem? But on the plus side I Have no dead or stuck pixels!

covana2244 said:
Are you sure the physical screen is 4:3? Because it seems to me the lcd screen is a lot taller than a crt.

He's not sure. 17" and 19" lcds are taller than 4:3 monitors. In fact, if you measure them you will find that they are in a 5:4 shape with a 5:4 resolution. Changing them to 1280x960 will cause them to stretch the image. Its hard for some people to notice, my mom runs a 17" lcd at 1024x768 and doesn't notice that its stretched, but running a 4:3 resolution on a 5:4 lcd doesn't really work all that well for people who don't like a distorted image, lol.

Right now on my desk I have the 2001FP and the L90D+. To me the color on the L90D+ is washed out and way to bright. The pics on my 2001fp look clearer, also when watching a movie on the l90d+ it looks kinda grainy.

Back