• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wOOt! Got the XT/PE back from Viper John *pics*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WA2

I have been without it for so long! Thought I would share his work. I like the new cables from the TEC, and how the little fan deals now plug into the card.....shweeeettt

Here she is..finally be abel to take out the Ti4200 I had been using in its place. :D

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

Last edited:
bobmanfoo said:
nice :thup: whats your max OC? temps?

MAx on the last, well in 3Dmark..games would run higher was 678/630
THis one has a bit more voltage and should run higher. I am still down on the MACh II and mobo is in RMA...no telling when I will be able to get it installed.

I honestly do not recall what the last one was, and it will be a week or 2 untill all of my other stuff gets here to check it out again.

I have the same setup on my 9800xt.It runs 513mhz with ease,and the temps are around 62c load,and @ 1.91v.Im sure i could get more out of it but,a 226w,and 70w tend to generate some heat @ 7v.
later tweaker

wow maybe I should get him to vmod my cards, I got a ti4800se, 9500np and a few others. May I ask what hed charge for a simple vmod and high end air cooling on it?

WA2 said:
MAx on the last, well in 3Dmark..games would run higher was 678/630. This one has a bit more voltage and should run higher. I am still down on the MACh II and mobo is in RMA...no telling when I will be able to get it installed.

This new card is not as good as the old one and doesn't have a prayer of matching the first card...at least with the TEC currently used. It is no where near enough TEC for an R420 core.

In a few weeks I will have the 50MM TEC prototype setup and will be able to use up to 226w TEC's with it.

Viper

Overclocker550 said:
wow maybe I should get him to vmod my cards, I got a ti4800se, 9500np and a few others. May I ask what hed charge for a simple vmod and high end air cooling on it?

I do not do nVidia cards at all (I did to 6800Ultras for a while but they are just to darn slow even modded). 9500NP's are not worth putting mod money into.

Viper

Overclocker550 said:

you love those darn things

your sig says you mod 9700s and 9800s. 6800u being too slow to mod? are you saying vmods do pratically nothing so the difference is to little as in too slow? Its cheap to vmod, just put two pots and upgrade stock cooling to a $20 heatsink/fan combo

Overclocker550 said:
your sig says you mod 9700s and 9800s. 6800u being too slow to mod? are you saying vmods do pratically nothing so the difference is to little as in too slow? Its cheap to vmod, just put two pots and upgrade stock cooling to a $20 heatsink/fan combo
then why did you want him to mod your stuff? its for people who don't know how to solder well enough to do it themselves, or for people who want clean mods and quality work. i spent less than 10$ on pots and supplies plus a good hour to fully mod my card, but the work is less than desirable and i have wires running everywhere

Overclocker550 said:

Or maybe you should throw them in the bin and buy a new card. Wait, you have a CPU bottleneck already. :clap: ;)

Yeah Viper sure does kick some ***, top quality. :)

Overclocker550 said:

What I am saying is the I do not do the 6800 Ultra's anymore cause the results do not justify the costs. Not when a 660/615 x800Pro running 12 pipes can pull 6250 in 3DM05 and the 6800Ultra running 483/655 can only do 5780 in 3DM05.

Viper

good point. Ah well I guess its not that hard to learn how to mod my ti4800se and 9700 if I ever get around to trying it ;) Ive done it on my ti4200 and I own a modded 9800p at 450/380 but waiting for vga silencer to get the temps down and hopefully break 500/400

ViperJohn said:
What I am saying is the I do not do the 6800 Ultra's anymore cause the results do not justify the costs. Not when a 660/615 x800Pro running 12 pipes can pull 6250 in 3DM05 and the 6800Ultra running 483/655 can only do 5780 in 3DM05.

Viper

Viper, as a 6800u user with very similar clocks i have to say that 3d05 score is off. I get about 6400 with untweaked windows.

I'd say it's not worth it for you to mod 6800u's because they dont scale with voltage like the x800s and 9800s (not to mention you can just flash bios for more vgpu). They also run a little hot for air cooling. But saying they're too slow to mod is ... just wrong.

Overclocker550 said:
good point. Ah well I guess its not that hard to learn how to mod my ti4800se and 9700 if I ever get around to trying it ;) Ive done it on my ti4200 and I own a modded 9800p at 450/380 but waiting for vga silencer to get the temps down and hopefully break 500/400

What exactly are your aims?

I mean modding cards that slow isn't going to do much is it?

Recent games will hardly benefit, 3dmark 01 won't, and 03 and 05 will a tiny bit.

Not worth it at all. :)

Back