• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My little cooling leap(not worth much)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Well I built my PC and ended up with a monstorous amount of AC5 on core to the point of spewage. Well I was not an ocer and my idle teemps are running happily at 32C, well today Im a begining OCer trying to get low temps and I decided to clean dust out. Well I blew crazi dust out but I was unsatisfied with the dust still on the HSF and under it. At that time I saw the AC5 spewage and said thats it I gott dust I got old AC5 commin out the sides time to re do. Well I took the HSF off and man talk about AC5 clumpage it was falling off! :bang head . So I cleaned it all of and reaplied a THIN layer :thup: and put my Zalman HSF back on, well turns out I was usein ASUSes stock backplate that I somehow got to work, well it came unstuck and wouldint allow me to seat my HSF properly so I had to take mobo off find Zalamans backplaet and do it anyways I got it all done, rigged another intake fan in a spare drive bays and fired her up and went as fast as pssible to BIOS to be shure my temps were good, and oh man they were good I was getting 28C with my 200 Mhz(not much) Oc. This is a big leap from my recent dust inflicted 38C. Now bring on the nw ram so I can go farther than this 200 Mhz :beer:

pretty impressive drop! nice maintenence work like that can pay off alot!

Back