• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 min mod in progress.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SquallRm

Registered
I don't have a watch and have some time on my hands..( lol funny?)
I was thinking of placing of stripping this down and placing two led's in back and having a watch inside the pc..

anyways i really think it would look nice in the place i picked out for it.. i need some help finding out how much resistance i need to put on it so it won't blow..

A 1.5V battery cell powers it, and i have very little experience with voltage and oms. help.

if its only 1.5 volts yolu should hook it up to the hard drive activity light so it only displays time while your hard drives going

i have a 5v line open...
i don't have that many resistors..
anyone here have any ideas on how i should go about doing this?

wait a second, the clock will reset everytime i restart pc.. this is a bad idea.. =( damn it!! i want to make this mod so bad cause i had some small spare leds to place behind the clock.

You have to figure out the reisistance of the clock. Do you have a multimeter to measure it with. If you did just measure it and I will tell you the resistance you need.

i have multimeter but don't laugh i am complete n00b at using this.. i want to learn but not enough time on my hands....
Its bad idea, because i want to have Led lights in the back of it...

All you have to do is measure the ohm across all the leds and the ohms across the power terminals of the clock. If you give me those numbers I will give you a diagram on how you should wire it up.

fine u guys are pressing on so the mod will continue.. i know the resistors to use for the LEDs, i am gonna open it up carefully in the morning and post the pictures.

anyone know how to make Leds reflect best off the lcd?

Dont modern ATX PSUs have a 5v standby power that is on all the time? So it would only go off when you unplug your computer?

Either way i would go with LED computer powered only and leave the battery.

I use this to calculate resistor values needed. :)

As for lighting the LCD? Unless you can light it from behind/side I doubt you will get anything that you will be able to see clearly.

JT

Last edited:
ok i am in the process of taking the display out.. and if anyone has ever seen an lcd they are extremely delicate and hang by a hair...

its no good.. the lcd just will not lite up enough and placing the leds under it just made me break the lcd off the pad, but luckely it works if i press hard...
anyway operation 5 min mod in progress is over, thanks for the help

Back