• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any music software that does this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
Is there any software that takes a song I have and can take out the lyrics so there is just the instrumental part? Hopefully, it would be free. I have a ton of songs I like the instrumental part of but not necessarily the lyrics.

there is software to do it, but i believe it is studio grade stuff that costs and arm and a leg. If ya don't wanna do that, I'm sure you can find something that will convert it into a MIDI

search for the "intrumental versions" ;) no, it is quite difficult, especially with modern recordings and encoding jobs. They use what is called joint stereo, which has a left channel a right channel and a fake "middle" or "center" channel where most of the vocals are usually. I know there are some things you can do with a program called soundforge. I remember doing it once, and it depends on the recording, I always got a little of the left an right channels in it, but i didn't really know what i was doing. i'm interested in something like this as well, i'll do some looking around.

I found a kind that mentions the principle of it: http://www.freewebs.com/st3pan0va/

also he publishes a free plug-in, so if you find any audio software that advertises support for directx plug-ins i would give it a shot.

Back