• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

refurb mobile 2600's at the Egg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Out of stock.
But ask yourself who returns 2600+ mobiles and why?

I once bought a mobile off eBay from a person who didn't appear to know what they had on their hands. At 2.3 GHz (hardly stable) it was probably one of the worst mobile batches ever.

it's an ok deal, refurb = bad OC (Lol who do you think buy a mobile?). saves 5 bucks over the OEM one, i rather get the OEM.
There are several thing that i avoid when i buy refurb
1 CPU
2 Vid Card
3 PSU
other than that some refurb items are ok.

c627627 said:
Out of stock.
But ask yourself who returns 2600+ mobiles and why?

I once bought a mobile off eBay from a person who didn't appear to know what they had on their hands. At 2.3 GHz (hardly stable) it was probably one of the worst mobile batches ever.

you typed faster than i did lol.

dunno, but you have a good point. it could have been some noob bought it but didn't know if their mobo was compatible.
anyhow, i said it might be of interest to Some Of You.

Actually i will buy refurb but it has to have a warranty with it or maybe i might lay down $10-14 for an extended warranty.

...to end up paying more for a refurb than a brand new one? Nice :)

Sometimes reburb mobo works out great. It happened couple times at newegg with refurb. Abit NF7-S v2 and people here seems to be happy with their purchases.

I'd avoid a refurbished CPU, too. Even if it seemed ok I'd always have questions about it or how it was treated by the former owner (that he knows something I don't).

If saving a few dollars is that important, it would be better to get the XP Mobile 2500+ for about $10 less or even the mobile 2400+ for about $20 less. Odds are a new XP-M 2400+ for $76 would give a great OC.

Back