• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 17'' LCD - $219.99 shipped as of 03/04

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea...I've noticed Newegg has had some killer deals on name brand LCD's lately...they've dropped prices quite a bit.

update, there's now a $20 instant rebate instead of a $15 instant rebate, and shipping is now free. grrrrrrr...... i paid $219....now it's $209 shipped.... gggrrrrrrrrrr..... :mad:

cool thanks for the link. i just bought one from bb and paid the same. I'm gonna return to bb and buy the samsung.

those who have this is it a good lcd?

i have it, very good monitor. great for gaming.

took me about 2 hours to get used to it while gaming though, kind of different from gaming on a crt (which ive used all my life)

wow, i got it monday (i ordered it friday...jeez, that's fast!), and i absolutely love it. this is without a doubt better than my old 17" crt in every aspect - crisper text, cleaner picture, doesn't hurt my eyes! (my old crt wouldn't do anything above 60hz at 1280x960 or 1280x1024 :(). i would totally recommend this to anyone in the market for an lcd. i don't know of anything that can top this deal, especially for the quality of the monitor.

No DVI :( plus I guess if it does have dead pixels then you have to send it back to Samsung because newegg specifically states 8 or more (BS, IMO) ?

Yeah, no DVI = a big :(

The dead pixel thing is pretty annoying too. Id hope that Samsung would pick up the shipping for the return, otherwise your $210 monitor just turned into a $230 one, and a 2 week wait.

hey general question as I am thinking about buying an LCD. What is this SXGA im seeing now? how does it relate to TFT active matrix and what is better?

Back