Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

CPU Intelligent Accelerator

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-04-05, 04:56 PM Thread Starter   #1
way2ez4u

CPU Intelligent Accelerator

How does this work and how do I measure it?
way2ez4u is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 03-23-05, 04:05 PM   #2
Mud

this is a feature by gigabyte, u can read all about it in ur manual, u can reach this option in bios by pressing cntrl+F1 to show advanced options.

under motherboard intelligent tweaker MIT, ull find this option, u can either set it to normal(default) cruise, sport, racing, etc.. stuff like that, each option will automatically overclock the cpu depending on system needs and load, max u cud go is 20% not sure about the names maybe its "full thruttle"..

this option is highly dependant on system stability, other bits in ur rig may not deal with the oc load..

4Gb PC8500 OCZ LV
eVGA GTX260 Core216 SC Edition
74gb WD Raptor
320gb WD Caviar 7200
Enermax Liberty 500W PSU
CM Stacker 832
Mud is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-23-05, 04:43 PM   #3
chawks2
Premium Member #1

Just a word of advice, do not enable the option. It makes your system mucho unstable.

"The only solid piece of scientific truth about which I feel totally confident is that we are profoundly ignorant about nature...It is this sudden confrontation with the depth and scope of ignorance that represents the most significant contribution of 20th century science to the human intellect."
-Lewis Thomas, The Medusa and the Snail

"The best definition we have found for civilization is that civilized man does what is best for all, the savage does what is best for himself."
-Edwin Hubble

H.E.A.T
MarioKart FID-0774-5798-8330
chawks2 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-24-05, 02:35 PM   #4
Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawks2
Just a word of advice, do not enable the option. It makes your system mucho unstable.
word, manual OCing is ways better

4Gb PC8500 OCZ LV
74gb WD Raptor
320gb WD Caviar 7200
Enermax Liberty 500W PSU
CM Stacker 832
Old 03-29-05, 10:15 AM   #5
fAlCoNNiAn

jus tout of curiousity (spelling?), does this bump up your vcore as well? or stay at stock.

Pentium 4 3.4E (SL7E6 D0 Step) @ 3.8 Ghz Stock vcore * Gigabyte 8KNXP Rev. 2.0 Mobo (i875) FK * 1.5 Gig Dual Channel 3200 Ram Samsung TCCC 3-3-3-6 1:1 * TTBT (Aerocool GateWatch) * Sapphire 9800 XT + ATI Sliencer 3 * OCZ Powerstream 600 Watt PSU
.:..:.:.

"Sitting on a bench in the sunshine, Filling up my belly with some fine wine."
fAlCoNNiAn is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-31-05, 06:39 PM   #6
Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by fAlCoNNiAn
jus tout of curiousity (spelling?), does this bump up your vcore as well? or stay at stock.
it does, and not in a way that i can like.. oh btw its curiosity

4Gb PC8500 OCZ LV
74gb WD Raptor
320gb WD Caviar 7200
Enermax Liberty 500W PSU
CM Stacker 832
Old 03-31-05, 10:29 PM   #7
fAlCoNNiAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud
it does, and not in a way that i can like.. oh btw its curiosity
lol, ever met a college student that cant spell?
<------------------------- right here. lol

how much does it raise? cuase i am runnin on 1.30 volts right now, with a 220 fsb, is it possible for you to lower the voltage, then it will increase it as the power is needed? for example, instead of 1.385 --> whatever it raises it to, be like 1.30 ---> to whatever it raises it to in % wise. like 20 will count from the 1.30 instead of the 1.385, or is it whatever i set the voltage to, then it counts 20% from 1.385 instead of my current voltage. btw, 20% is just a number that i picked, not meaning i know how much it actually raises. TIA

Pentium 4 3.4E (SL7E6 D0 Step) @ 3.8 Ghz Stock vcore * Gigabyte 8KNXP Rev. 2.0 Mobo (i875) FK * 1.5 Gig Dual Channel 3200 Ram Samsung TCCC 3-3-3-6 1:1 * TTBT (Aerocool GateWatch) * Sapphire 9800 XT + ATI Sliencer 3 * OCZ Powerstream 600 Watt PSU

Old 04-01-05, 06:36 AM   #8
Mud

Quote:
lol, ever met a college student that cant spell?
<------------------------- right here. lol

how much does it raise? cuase i am runnin on 1.30 volts right now, with a 220 fsb, is it possible for you to lower the voltage, then it will increase it as the power is needed? for example, instead of 1.385 --> whatever it raises it to, be like 1.30 ---> to whatever it raises it to in % wise. like 20 will count from the 1.30 instead of the 1.385, or is it whatever i set the voltage to, then it counts 20% from 1.385 instead of my current voltage. btw, 20% is just a number that i picked, not meaning i know how much it actually raises. TIA
prescotts have a dynamic core voltage, means that voltage will automatically rise when needed but within certain limits, 1.385 is my default but it reaches 1.34 sometimes, wot u gotta care about is wot voltage u set in bios, leave the dynamic voltage work alone.

4Gb PC8500 OCZ LV
74gb WD Raptor
320gb WD Caviar 7200
Enermax Liberty 500W PSU
CM Stacker 832
Old 04-01-05, 11:32 AM   #9
fAlCoNNiAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud
prescotts have a dynamic core voltage, means that voltage will automatically rise when needed but within certain limits, 1.385 is my default but it reaches 1.34 sometimes, wot u gotta care about is wot voltage u set in bios, leave the dynamic voltage work alone.
how would i go about leaving my dynamic voltage alone? i set my voltage to 1.385 (for example), and it stays at that level, nothing changes. when i take the dps2 daughterboard out of my system, then the voltage fluctuates like crazy. is it supposed to do that? i thought that a constant stream of the same voltage is healthy, am i wrong?

Old 04-02-05, 03:27 AM   #10
Mud

Quote:
how would i go about leaving my dynamic voltage alone? i set my voltage to 1.385 (for example), and it stays at that level, nothing changes. when i take the dps2 daughterboard out of my system, then the voltage fluctuates like crazy. is it supposed to do that? i thought that a constant stream of the same voltage is healthy, am i wrong?
wot i ment is that DV works alone u dont have to set it up thats all, the DPS helps ALOT in OCing and making the system stable, setting ur voltage to 1.385 will be be average, dynamic voltage will change up/down from that value.. nothing to worry about.

4Gb PC8500 OCZ LV
74gb WD Raptor
320gb WD Caviar 7200
Enermax Liberty 500W PSU
CM Stacker 832

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards