• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD and CPU overheat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VanillaXtract

I have a problem. I just bought a Dell 1905FP. Now my CPU runs at 55C. Before it ran at 42C. I know its somehow the monitor because if I turn my monitor on and check the temp, its at 42 and within seconds, jumps to 55. I put my old CRT back on and temps returned to normal. Anyone have ideas whats causing this? I have a athlon fx 55 and a geforce4 ti 4600

Doesnt make sense at all...whatever your video card is outputting to, whether it be a CRT, LCD, TV, shouldn't really affect your CPU temp.

One reason could be that you're running it at a higher resolution or something that stresses your video card more, making more heat in your case, and thus increasing temps for other components, including your CPU.

If the temps are jumpy such as an instantaneous jump from 42 to 55, then it could be a sensor fault.

sensor

So it could be a sensor fault that only happens with an LCD screen plugged in?
And all other temps stay the same. The CPU temp doesnt go instantly up, it takes about 5 seconds

Yeah a 13 degree jump in 5 seconds is abnormal. I'm not sure what might be causing it, but that definitely is not normal.

Back