• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extra wires on my PSU.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harper81

Registered
What do you guys do with all the extra wires that are not used and probably never will be? I am thinking about just cutting them off due to the fact if I ever build a new PC I'll probably get a new PSU anyway. But what are other options to make the case look nice inside?

I tie-wrapped them into a neat bundle and stuck them behind the power supply using some of these...

ceabm2sac.jpg

somegeek

In the past I've done everything from tucking them out of the way to opening the PSU and unsoldering them. If you cut them, do it inside the PSU so nothing shows leaving tails you can later attach to if needed. Oh, and make sure you insulate them properly--I like the plain black heatshrink from Home Depot, 99 cents a pack.

i always rolled up whatever i wasn't using into a loop about the size of my palm and taped it to the top of the power supply out of the way and unseen

I also spotted some at Home Depot yesterday, pretty cheap. They also had various sizes of wire ties and heatshrink. If anyone live close to Home Depot you might want to check them out.

Back