• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

graphical or console client?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelwarlock

i'm currently using the console client. is the graphical client any better or worse than the console (in terms of speed)? if it's the same then i will probably switch to the graphical client since it can minimize to tray. how can i switch over without losing any of my work?

from what i hear, the graphical client is actually slower than the console client. You could run the console client as a service so that its not visibile. There are a couple ways to go about this. Either install one of the One-Click installs found in the Ultimate Install Guide, or create a shortcut to the console client with the -service flag in the path to the console executable.

oh wow...it's not visible as a service? heh...i hadn't shut down my computer since first downloading it so i hadn't noticed...

EDIT: i got used to checking progress by looking in the console window, how would i check it now?

rebelwarlock said:
oh wow...it's not visible as a service? heh...i hadn't shut down my computer since first downloading it so i hadn't noticed...

EDIT: i got used to checking progress by looking in the console window, how would i check it now?

The Folding log in your F@H folder shows everything the console window does.

Download one-click and it will put it as a service, also download EMIII(electronic Microscope) and it will moniter your stats, along with say how much time each frame takes or how many points you can earn in a week at that rate. Its really handy. Ill post link if I can find one. Oh as for your question graphical should not really be any slower unless you are viewing it making it display the pictures.

Here is EMIII

Here is OC skin for it

And download one click from here

need any help feel free to pm me.

Last edited:
Back