• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the DFI NF3 250gb have a gameport?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strafer

Registered
I have a Gravis Xterminator gamepad that I've used for years and I don't want to give it up. Will I be able to plug it into the DFI NF3?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that you have to plug your SATA connectors to the 3&4 ports in the middle of the board and not the 1&2 ports tucked away to the side. Is that correct?

Strafer said:
I have a Gravis Xterminator gamepad that I've used for years and I don't want to give it up. Will I be able to plug it into the DFI NF3?
newegg said:
13-136-147-07.JPG

Ports: 2x PS/2, 1x COM, 1x LPT, 8x USB2.0(Rear 4), 1x RJ45, 1x 1394, 2x S/PDIF In/Out, Audio Ports

Almost positive that it is yes

Strafer said:
Also, I thought I read somewhere that you have to plug your SATA connectors to the 3&4 ports in the middle of the board and not the 1&2 ports tucked away to the side. Is that correct?
Pretty sure that was only an issue with the K8N neo2 and not all NF3s

the lanparty Ut you MUST use ports 3/4 the ones closest to the CPU for the AGP lock to work.
But good luck anyways,,, it took me 2 days of messing around for my board to even recognise and use my raptors,,, i actually had to manually partition and format the drives using Partition Magic via DOS in order for the windows to even see it.
I actually used Hiren's Boot CD.
No matter what driver i tried or configuration i used windows wouldnt see those drives unless i formated and partitioned the ENTIRE drive first.
Ok once i got windows to see them and load windows, i immediately said screw it and went back to my promise SATA pci card.
the nvidia controller is extremely slowwww and unstable. i couldnt stand it.
do yourself a favor go to ebay and grab a promise or silicon image pci SATA card. you wont ever have to worry about overclocking if you use one.

and the board does not come with a little game port adapter
go spend a few bucks and buy a usb gamepad cuz your never gunna find boards with game adapters... may i recommend a saitek P2500 (i have it and love it)

Back