• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi-MULTIPLY--XP2100+TbB,ASUSa7n8x-Dlx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geeker1

How to get permission for higher multiplyers (HIGHER than 13) with this hardware: CPU---XP2100+ (high end ThoroughbredB)
MB---ASUS A7N8X Deluxe (older BIOS)
(DDR2700 333Mhz limited me on FSB-166) I need higher Multiplyers
System always boot up with maximum 13 multiply!!!
Has 2100+TbB closed multiplyers or older ASUS BIOS make this problem.
How to resolve this situation-Sugestions?
(I have WaterCooled CPU).

The CPU should be unlocked and x13 already has x8 bit set to HI, so just update your BIOS, and start upping the multiplier to get higher speed.

http://www.emboss.co.nz/amdunlock/ said:
The general rule of thumb is that week 34 (of 2003, of course) and earlier CPUs are unlocked.

I think nearly all thoroughbred-b's are superlocked. Especially as yours is a high end one I would believe this to be the case. However you can try, there is no way to unlock your processor as it is locked on die. All you can do is to up the fsb. Can you not have a ram divider?

Thanks for answers!
So 13x is already higher multiplyer?
Bios reporting constantly overclocked CPU...lalala (13x166FSB---forXP2100+) , but let me boot up with 13xmulti (max!!).
14,15 and so on (x166) will be on the same way overclocked XP2100+ but somthig on this hardware dont give pass thru that multiplyers!

I have FSB dividers for DDR in bios but that make qwestions about 1:1 (CPU-DDR) FSB!
It must be the way to use higher multipliers!
I suspect BIOS if my CPU is not locked!

You can't use x14.5 as that multiplier gets remapped to x21 if I remember correctly, which will get you 166x21 = 3486Mhz, which is a bit too much. I would personally try x13.5 and x14, see if they work. If they do, then your CPU is unlocked, and I'd just do a wire trick to get lower multiplier so you can up the FSB. For example, its better to have 200x11 than 166x13.

My DDR2700(333Mhz) limited me on 166FSB (166x2=333Mhz). I can,t use higher FSB!
Higher Multiplyer than 13 (14,15..) put me down on 13x !
Is that because of XP2100+TbB locking or ASUSa7n8x older-Bios ?
I would like to use 14 or higher multiplyers because of DDR limit to 166FSB!
With that PC2700DDR i can,t use 200x11!

willkill1337 said:
I think nearly all thoroughbred-b's are superlocked. Especially as yours is a high end one I would believe this to be the case. However you can try, there is no way to unlock your processor as it is locked on die. All you can do is to up the fsb. Can you not have a ram divider?

naa, i can scale up and down mine with ease :beer:

geeker1 said:
My DDR2700(333Mhz) limited me on 166FSB (166x2=333Mhz). I can,t use higher FSB!
Higher Multiplyer than 13 (14,15..) put me down on 13x !
Is that because of XP2100+TbB locking or ASUSa7n8x older-Bios ?
I would like to use 14 or higher multiplyers because of DDR limit to 166FSB!
With that PC2700DDR i can,t use 200x11!
It is possible that your CPU is locked, if you're changing the multiplier in the BIOS, and saving chages, and it still POSTs as 13x166 then it is most likely locked. And only FSB will let you get the CPU higher than it is now.
If RAM is rated for 333MHz, doesn't mean it can't run faster, it might need more voltage, or looser timings but it will run at higher speed than the stock 333MHz. But whatever you do, do NOT use a FSB:Memory divider, as it will hurt performance more than what you'll be able to gain by having a faster CPU.

To willkill1337: Yes.

i believe all tbred b's that were made before 03 are all able to be unlocked. after 03 = superlocked.

The Coolest said:
It is possible that your CPU is locked, if you're changing the multiplier in the BIOS, and saving chages, and it still POSTs as 13x166 then it is most likely locked. And only FSB will let you get the CPU higher than it is now.
If RAM is rated for 333MHz, doesn't mean it can't run faster, it might need more voltage, or looser timings but it will run at higher speed than the stock 333MHz. But whatever you do, do NOT use a FSB:Memory divider, as it will hurt performance more than what you'll be able to gain by having a faster CPU.

QUOTE]

Yes, I was trying 175-FSB and some higher . Some works and other not.
With watter cooling I think that overclocking can be higher than 13x175FSB.

Can I know from letters written on CPU if he is locked or not?

You can check the letters, on the second line there should be 4 numbers, like 0310 or 0250, etc. These represent when the CPU was assembled. 02 = 2002 and 50 = week 50. So if the CPU was assembled after 0343 then its most likely just locked.
And 2275MHz is pretty good for a TbredB. What is the voltage you're using and what temps are you getting?

quick question, why do people say anything more than like 2.25 is "pretty good" for a tbred b? mine does 2.45 no probs at all, exept maybe things get a little warm above 1.875, wich is 200x12 for this beast, and i kinda get the reaction like.. yeah right.. lol, im not looking for attention, but id think up to 2400 should be the norm right? this is my first amd cpu, so bear with me. just incase you wanted to know, its an axda 2600 dkv3d aiuhb 0305 spcw :beer:

The Coolest said:
You can check the letters, on the second line there should be 4 numbers, like 0310 or 0250, etc. These represent when the CPU was assembled. 02 = 2002 and 50 = week 50. So if the CPU was assembled after 0343 then its most likely just locked.
And 2275MHz is pretty good for a TbredB. What is the voltage you're using and what temps are you getting?

I use 1,75V for CPU and Cheap-Watercooling (CoolRiver for 80-Euro) .Temp. is 34/35 deg/Celsius.

Back