• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much should I go up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tay

What are the fsb increments I should go up on my amd 2000* T-bread B?

Last edited:
One more thing, can I hit 2.5 ghz on water? If so, what is the fsb/multiplier (mine is unlocked) that I should use to get there?

To be honest it all depends. Just got to play with it. Inintally I would go in 20mhz incriments. You should start to max out very quickly doing this. Just keep raising the volts. 2.5 on water should be reletivly easy

Post the details of your entire system for educated guesses on your expected overclock.

[200] FSB x 12 = 2400 MHz @ 1.85 Vcore with memory frequency at 100% [200 FSB] @ 2.90 Vdimm
Epox 8RDA+ v1.1
Thermalright SLK-947U with variable speed 80x25mm Thermaltake Smart Fan 2
AIW 9600XT 128MB; Antec SX-835II case ; 380W Antec TruePower TP380
Four 80x25mm Case Fans + 1 Variable speed 80x25mm Fan YS-Tech FD1281259B-2F

Thoroughbred Bs will usually overclock past 2GHz with ease, and 2.2GHz+ may be attainable with suitable cooling.

I would try lowering the multiplier (if you can) and increasing the FSB by 10MHz or so at a time (lock AGP and PCI if you can - there should be a BIOS option for this) to see what your maximum FSB is. Once you find this, bring the multiplier up 0.5x at a time until you hit a wall. If you get stability issues try increasing the CPU voltage a little. Keep an eye on CPU temperature.

"Post the details of your entire system for educated guesses on your expected overclock."

MSI K7N2 Delta
Gainward geforce fx 5600 256mb
512MB PC2100 DDR (soon to be corsair pc 3200)
Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM EIDE HD
LITE-ON DVD CD/RW combo
WINDOWS XP Home SP1

Yes, the motherboard & RAM are important pices of ino for overclocking.

Cooling (heatsink) type and power supply brand info also helps as they will influence your overclock quiet a bit.

Finally, info about Voltage increase and temperatures (case and CPU) help in gettinc a more complete picture of what's going on and how much more room you may have.

so:

1. You can't expect to overclock much at default 2000+ voltage.
2. When you increase voltage, retail 2000+ heatsink usually cannot keep up with the resulting heat so for 2000+s, non-retail heatsinks are required for major overclocks...

Your current memory is probably limiting you to a FSB in the 150MHz range but if your CPU is unlocked you can play with the multiplier. Try all this in Memtest86+ first.

Back