• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3000+ Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fillyo

Please see specs below. I want a higher cpu overclock, am I better running my current memory at a higher CAS and FSB, or picking up some higher rated memory, such as PC4400. I don't know if I am a noob for memory settings and my memory has the capability to get me to where I want to be, or if I need new memory. I am currently running at 2-2-2-10 1T, 202 FSB.

well i would start by makeing them pretty lose and untill you find your chips limit and then adjust your timings to fit it perfect i would sart with 2.5-3-3-6 and go from there

I would loosen timings, perhaps use a memory divider like 3:2 and see how far the CPU will go. If the CPU appears to have a lot of potential that your RAM appears to be holding back then I would consider buying some more RAM, that will cope with higher speeds.

Setting a divider and loosening (ie increasing the numbers) the RAM timings should remove RAM as a factor from your Overclocking limit.

Back