• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guys How good are Enermax ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Enermax are okay in term of their PSU quality. Under stress load, they sometime fail to keep up their ratings. Check out PSU benchmark at tomshardware.com.

Enermax are a solid PSU. Not the very top, but not even close to the bottom. In fact, i hear very good things about the 500-600 watt series with the DFI - Ultra D board.

Enermax is above average. They've gotten better recently thanks to implementing independant voltage regulation like their competition over at OCZ and Antec. There's a few better makes out there, but it's a short list compared to the list of worse ones.

Yea generally speaking Enermax has a very solid reputation. They are about the same as the old Antec TruePowers. For some reason Antec has slid for the worse. If you like the way the enermax looks and the price is right I would totally go for it

Ran an enermax EG475AX-ve for about 6-8 months. It ran a 3500+ A64 @near3 gigs frozen briefly, and a P4 @ 4.6gigs frozen briefly. each using an 80w TEc on the 9800pro. Seemed solid any time i ran it, till Encoding a vid last night at 4.5gigs on the P4 and without the TEC on the GPU it just popped and died on me.
Up until last night i would have recomended them to anyone, but now unsure. Never did show a sign of weakening, just popped out of the blue and died. I still like the way the unit was quiet. because it was bafely audible with fans at full speed. And part of the design of this model was to have fans run after shutdown of the PC. even then they were hard to hear. Much Much quieter than an Antec true control 550 i had before.

All in all good unit if not stressed too much I guess

Back