• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPoX 8KTA3+ & 1.4 Athlon - grr Part 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shiprekd

Ok guys and gals, here is just one more reason for all to download the latest Bios for your MBs.

Part 1 showed the MB wouldnt recognize the CPU and ran it way under its rating. Crazy things were at hand during operation (WIN98SE)....

EPoX finally got their site running again and the BIOS download worked (`bout time).

As it stands at this moment, I have a stable system at 1533mhz (Y code Athlon) on a clock ratio of 11.5 multiple with a temp of 114 degrees Fh.

Rig:

1.4 Athlon 266fsb
EPoX 8kta3+
1.5gig Micron SDRAM
Twin 40g HDs
ATI AIW Radeon 32mb Vid Card
16X Pioneer DVD
16X10X40 CDRW
SB Live 5.1 sound
Dragon Orb 3 - 1 exhuast, 2 intake

Later all......

i HAVE THE SAME BOARD AND IT WORKS FINE. BUT I AM A LITTLE DISAPOINTED I CANT GET PAST 1575 @ 100% STABLE.:confused: I DID BOTH THE VOLT MOD AND THE OVER VOLT MOD AND IT FREAKS OUT IF I GO ABOVE EXACTLY 1.7V ON THE CORE. IT WONT POST CORRECTLY AND WONT RESTART CORRECTLY @ THAT VOLTAGE. HAVE YOU HAD ANY VOLTAGE HIGH VOLTAGE PROBLEMS?

well i have the epox 8kta3 and athlon 1.4...i havent updated my mobo..well cause the site is down but i havent had those same results...i drove the clock at 11.0 and 153...(let this be a note of importance to those over clockers get cooling...:))...and well that is when it shut down...well i took it in and the guys at the comp store said my power supply fried...good thing it was on warrenty...my point being is i didnt updated mobo...

Back