• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reliable brand of printer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

I know someone who asked me what brand of all in one printer he should buy. I beleive he is looking for something that mainly prints and faxes.

Also he is looking to see if he can fax something directly from his computer. If anyone could help me, that would be great.

I do beleive HP's are pretty good in terms of reliability, although they have slightly more expensive ink.

I am not sure at all about the faxing directly from the computer though. :shrug:

Thanks in advance!

I dunno I have 4 broken HP printers and I've just had enough of them, they seem pretty poorly constructed to me and the most expensive requires LAMO proprietary memory, which naturally costs 2x what standard simms do. I've had excellent results with Epson printers and so-so results with Canon BJCs. Now I find the QMS/Konica 2300w can do about any prining job cheaply & effectively so I almost never use anything else.

another vote for HP. keep any eye on their website they have great sales from time to time. I got my printer which retails for 149.99 for 99.99 and free shipping.

ive had the same canon printer for about 6 years...it's awesome.
we just got an HP multi-function thing for the family comp, i hate it.

I have two Canons, each of which is about 10 years old. They both still work fine. I also have another one that is about 6 years old and it also works fine. I have a Lexmark that is a couple years old, I haven't used it since the first ink cartridge ran out because the ink is expensive and costs as much as the printer did. As far as I know it works fine though. I want to get a cheap Samsung laser printer, they seem to be pretty decent for what I would use it for.

It's six of one, half a dozen of the other. You never know when you'll get a lemon, or who you'll get it from.

HP, Canon, Epson... I think your chances are all the same. I've used all three and had some good, some bad.

Having said that, I have pretty much settled on HP for printers, and Canon for cameras.

Ok, great, thanks a bunch for the info everyone! :thup: I really like how I got so many replies so quickly. :D

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
we just got an HP multi-function thing for the family comp, i hate it.

Why do you hate it?

Well, it seems like either mostly HP, or they are all pretty much the same, so I think I am just going to recomend an HP multifunction.

Thanks for the help guys. :) :thup:

yeah I think you made the right choice. HP's are great, especialy for the price. In fact at my home we have 4 HP printers just sitting around...all work, only reaosn we got 4 is because they had such a good deal on the printer at the time I needed ink cartrdiges it was cheaper to buy a new printer than a new black and color cartrdige!

I vote for:

Canon
hp
Epson

they got some quality tank-like printers.. i am an avid lexmark destroyer =P... they are the biggest PoS's ive ever had... my canon is a tank, and my dads hp is okay.. quality build, but its just... weird...

Yea, I have two that have done very well over the years. I just asked because I have never owned any other brands, so I wouldn't know how those did in comparison.

Thanks again guys!

Back