• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controllers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So when you are surfing the web and not doing something very taxing on your comp you dont become deaf, and you can crank up the fans when you start gaming to keep everything nice and cool.

k0r34nguy said:
What is the purpose of having a fan controller on your system?

to controll fan speed LOL

why you want to do that? Hhahahahah i cant answer that.

seriously your questions is rather....weird.

I want to controll my fans speed just so i can practice my fingers, make them stronger everytime i turn the knob. In the morning its a good work out b4 riding my motor bike .

simply to control fans on your system. the reason most people use a fan controller is to either quiet down a particularily loud fan when not doing anything taxing or when doing something taxing they ratchet the fan up for cooling purposes. those are the main functions, but they can also be used to monitor temperature, fan speed, or perhaps a fan failure which would be indicated with a built-in alarm on the fan controller

NOTE: Way to answer an honest question MameXp . . . :eh?:

Last edited:
Ardneh42 said:
So when you are surfing the web and not doing something very taxing on your comp you dont become deaf, and you can crank up the fans when you start gaming to keep everything nice and cool.

Doesnt the software program speed fan work the same way?

lucasp said:
Doesnt the software program speed fan work the same way?

In theory. My fans for example have terible reaction to Speedfan - they buzz. Probably some capacitor would solve the problem tho..

Purpose of having controller - to adjust speed of my fans. I have full load all the time, so I only change graphics card cooler speed (on/off), but still without controller it would be much easier to hear my computer.

Plus to look cool and say you have one. Maybe save some power to, mainly though for noise. Some noisy fans are to much for people to take so you crank it down in the power area making the fans spin slower. Then crank it up when doing some heavy work.

I just picked up a 75 watt rheostat to make a single knob fan controller that will power all of my fans on a secondary psu.

Back