• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looks like the EGG ran out of 875p based server mbs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phalinx

Registered
Looks like newegg ran out of midrange server mb and midrange xeon 3.0ea - 3.4ea xeons. I was looking forward to building an Iwill DH800 w/ 2gigs of patriot 2225 and 2 Xeon 3.0ea.

Hmmmm...what to do next??

Cheers

Phalinx

Is Fry's / outpost.com any good??

I might give them a try...

Cheers

Phalinx

Fry's isn't too good on prices for most stuff, mainly because they have a lot of overhead to cover.

I would reccomend ewhiz, or you could always ask newegg nicely to carry them, as I believe they do take product suggestions.

Seven

I emailed Newegg a couple times for 2 items. Either the Iwill DH800 or Asus NCCH-DL. I would prefer the DH00 w/agp. I don't really have the need or funds to go Pci-e right now. Just starting out in duallies. Like alot of people say once you go to dual cpu, you never go back to single.

I've always wanted to go dual during the P3 era but I kept on spending money on single cpu/mbs. Too much money thrown away. Now however, I've saved for a rather ambitious venture. No more single cpu.

New components:
POWER SUPPLY ANTEC TRU550EPS12V ATX
2 X DUAL 1G(512X2) DDR400 LOW CL R Patriot 2225
DVD±RW | PLEXTOR PX-716A/SW RT
CPU THERM PAS|ARCTIC CERAMIQUE2.5G%
UPS CYBERPOW|CPS1500AVR/HO 1500VA R

The motherboard and cpus are still in the air at this point. I would like to go dual Xeon Nocona 3.0EA. However, if that doesn't work, I am flexible. Opteron is still in the mix, but I would need AGP and Patriot DDR400 2225 support. Don't want to spend anymore on ram.

Cheers

Phalinx

you have to watch what mobo you use, due to the fact that some Xeon and all Opteron boards use Registered/ECC memory which is very expensive.

The word is, that the NCCH-DL is coming out in a new -E version, just like they did with the p4c800 boards. I guess the new version will have voltage settings in bios, and a usb header onboard. I thought this might be pertinent to this thread.

Big Lar

I'll do some checking. Maybe the NCCH-DL is the way to go. I would like the utilize my non-ecc ddr400 in a small server like the DH800 or NCCH-DL. Thanks.

Cheers

Phalinx

Back