• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA7N400L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

numberone

Gigabyte GA7N400L will not post?The system has been working without any problems for the past year. Last week turned it on and it would not boot up or post. I removed the battery and replaced with a new one. Still the same.As I needed the computer went and bought another board identical, but this one had the jumper to clear the CMOS.where the previous one did not.

Put the board in and system booted right away, so my question is this a common problem with these boards. I am not an overclocker, just an old senior (74) that is trying get some knowledge, and this looks like the place where people with hands on experience know what is happening. :) .

I would not say its a common problem but something obviously went wrong when you powered it up. How long had it been swiched off since you last used it. Does it look like there is any damage to the board when you took it out. If possible try and get it checked at a computer shop to see if they can find a problem.
Did you use all the bits off the dead board in your new one.?

And of course WELCOME TO THE FORUMS. This is where you will get the best help you can find on the net.

Thank you snakeman300 for the quick reply.The computer was off over night. everything working fine when I shut down, then the next morning it would not post.After I took the board out I looked it over thoroughly with a magnifying glass to see if I could see any discoloration in any of the components., but everything look ok. When I bought the new board I used it as a comparison for the second check. I am at a loss why it would just quit. Oh yes,All the components that were on the old board went on to the new one.

I am no expert but i would try and get it tested somwhere.

Seems that it could have been something simple like a surge of power when you powered it down or even when you fired it up. If all your other bits are fine then the board is obviously the problem. You may find that if you try and rebuild it the damn thing will work but it may not either therfore wasting you time.

Another thought is what were you doing before you shut it down. It might throw some kind of explanation to the problem

The last thing I did before I shut down was read my email for the day, and there was nothing there out of the ordinaryin the email, that I can see would have caused the problem.I guess I am just curious as to what happened. As it is the board is not working, so what ever I do can make it work or NOT! I see by the various posts that people are manipulating various settings. What if I upgraded the bios to a later version. Thanks agin for taking the time to reply to me :>)

If the board does not boot I don't think you can update the bios. The bios could be the problem if it has been corrupted. You will have to put in a new bios that works, then you will be able to update to the latest version. Putting in a new bios may not gaurantee the the board will fire up though as it may not be the problem.:-/

Back