• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I change PSU for AGP > PCIe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aguu

I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I am a noob. I am upgrading my PC after two long years. I'm wondering if I need to change my PSU for a new PCIe card. I have a Antec Truepower 430W.

I'm thinking about getting an Athlon 64 3500+ 939-pin, haven't selected a motherboard yet (open to recommendations!), 1 GB ram, GeForce 6600 GT (should I get an SLI board?), and two 200 GB harddrives.

Also, I've been using these websites for a long time. Anyone have any suggestions for price hunting?

www.pricewatch.com
www.techbargains.com
www.motherofalldeals.com

Thanks! :beer:

first off

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

Now you should consider getting a pci-e because sooner or later we all will so why not start now? There's only one reason why I would switch, and that's because the prices are lower for the video cards. So in that case I'd recomend a fortron 500 blue storms. Nothing but good comes from them. Good luck bro.

PEACE

BLUE STORM, BLUE STORM, BLUE STORM!

Get PCI-E as well, AGP is gonna die quite soon, you might as well jump ship early before it is too late.

Back