• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SK6 or Glaciator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbirdkiri

i can get both, and ive seen the scores in the tests but thats one test.
whats would be better?
BTW: why the hell does thermalright say the sk6 only supporst up to 1.33?

I have used both the SK6 and the Glaciator and I like the SK6 better. I didn't like the clip of thed Glaciator that much plus, the Glaciator is a royal pain if you ever want to change the fan.

Dave

Well, get the Glaciator if you want low noise/cooling ratio. But the glaciator is a pain to replace fans...then again why would you if you want low noise? It would be interesting to see a modded Glaciator w/ a delta black label on it and see how it performs.

The glaciator clip is the easiest ive ever put on a processor. The only bad thing is that it doesn't put much pressure because it only uses 2 lugs, one on each side

I have the Glaciator and my friend has the SK6, the SK6 says it only supports 1.33 is because that is all that was out at the time, so ite really 1.33+ for future processors. The SK6 DOES cool better but is loud as hell, due to a 7000+ rpm fan. And he fried his chip with it cause there are a few plastic layers that cover the HS when you first buy it and he didnt get all of it off. The glaciator still does a great cooling job, i have one and my [email protected] is at 42c load after 100% load overnight. And it is VERy quiet and smmoth on the bottom, it didnt even need lapping. Even though i did it. I dget the Glaciator as it will still get rid of enough heat to take ur chip to the max

the SK6 is nto as good as people think, just look at all the posts saying im still hot/hotter with my NEW SHINY SK6, do u see any peeps with a Glaciator complaining - my temps are 40c/43c idle load
my buddy has a higher idle temp than my load with that GREAT sk6....they are overrated, yes they are good but not that good

I have tested my SK6 with a delta and another 60mm low-noise fanI had laying around. It resulted in a 3C temp increase, went from 38 to 41 so you can see that it really kinda balances out. I can't compare it to what Jason got because I have a different chip and differnt voltage settings and different ambiet temps so don't count on our comments they are all misleading, only trust someone who has tried both HeatSinks with the same fans, in the same room temps.

I'd suggest a watercooling rig if you may it will only cost you about 50 bucks more and much more reliable (50 bucks+what you are going to waste on the air cooling)

i agree with train22. spend 50 bucks more and you can get yourself a watercooling. better cooling and much much quieter than any air coolers.

My Glaciator is running my 1.4@1602 right now with an idle temp of 33c and 38cload.I'd say that is pretty damn good.

i set my 1.33 back to 1.33 cause i want doing any cpu intensive work ad my ile temp is 36c now with a load of 39c that i pretty good temps, with a glaciator, yes a Sk6 will do the same if not better but you can hardly sleep at night with that noise

Back