• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uh-oh.. I did it again HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swatdog

lol, well heres the deal: I was running memtest and after it was done, I went into my BIOS and changed my HTT settings to 5x, so my system is running at 209x12 5x HTT. But when I exited the BIOS (and saved it) anjd restarted the comp, I have a big black screen. I can't see the BIOS at all... I dunno what to do!

reset the CMOS. usually involves taking out the battery and unplugging the mobo power cord (or the PSU power) for a few minutes. should put all settings back to stock and allow you to change stuff back.

(sorry if this isn't what you were looking for, i dont know what HTT is)

The manual for your motherboard should have a procedure for clearing the cmos. Usually it just involves moving a jumper for a bit then moving it back. Failing that, unplugging, removing the battery, and leaving it alone for a while will definately clear the cmos.

Gnufsh said:
The manual for your motherboard should have a procedure for clearing the cmos. Usually it just involves moving a jumper for a bit then moving it back. Failing that, unplugging, removing the battery, and leaving it alone for a while will definately clear the cmos.

I cleared the CMOS by removing the battery for like 5 mins. I never thought about clearing the CMOS, dunno why I didn't think of that. I guess I was just in a state of panic, and couldn't think straight. :)

But thanks guys, as you can see, she's back and running.

Back