• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whose says you can't lap a Zalman HSF??(pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EWBatOVAclockin

Well I just got my lapping kit from the good ol guys from www.easypckits.com, they threw in those free cable ties too:). Ok, well I looked at the way the artic ceramique displaced itself across the cpu and MAN was it horrible. It wasn't even in the center or even placed about. So I knew this was gonna be a good project:) Well so far everything is running fine and actually 5 c cooler than before. Right now I would be at 45c with FAH running. But now with the lap done I'm running at 40c with FAH running. Give me ten minutes or so, so I can post up the pics and see how it does under load.

PEACE :clap:

Well I did a confusing process. Because I thought the base was already pretty flat so I started with 1000grit. But then I realized that it wasn't flat at all. So then I went back to 400 and worked my way back up all the way to 2000 grit:) Just got the pics done will be coming soon:)

PEACE

Ok, these are in no particular order just the finished product as the last :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-009X.JPG
    MVC-009X.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 479
  • MVC-010X.JPG
    MVC-010X.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 402
  • MVC-933X.JPG
    MVC-933X.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 385
  • MVC-934X.JPG
    MVC-934X.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 372
  • MVC-935X.JPG
    MVC-935X.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 447
EWBatOVAclockin said:
Well I did a confusing process. Because I thought the base was already pretty flat so I started with 1000grit. But then I realized that it wasn't flat at all. So then I went back to 400 and worked my way back up all the way to 2000 grit:) Just got the pics done will be coming soon:)

PEACE
How much was the kit? I need to do the same with my XP120. I might get a set

And the last:)

Attachments

• MVC-939X.JPG
    MVC-939X.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 354
  • MVC-940X.JPG
    MVC-940X.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 339
  • MVC-011X.JPG
    MVC-011X.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 349
  • MVC-012X.JPG
    MVC-012X.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 394
Oh man it's really worth it. Only 10 bucks shipped for 600,800,1000,1200,1500 and 2000 plus the glass. He also threw in the free zip ties. Great guy:) You should really get one, they work like a charm:)

PEACE

Haha yea no order just the process. I'm loading it right w/ 2 prime and it's looking real good. 44c straight LOAD. This is one happy camper:)

PEACE

Thanks for all the comments:) Ok well after a full 10 min of priming its flucuates between 45 and 44c. So thats about a 2 or 3 degree drop for the lap job. And the arctic ceramique still has to set in:) So over-all this was VERY worth it and I incourage everyone to get these very cheap kits and experience the CHANGE :clap:

PEACE

Yea that's what I thought too. Untill actually got done to doing is when I reall y realized that it needed it. You should double check yours :cool:

PEACE

haha, yeah... i might get a lappin kit soon.. mighty tempting..

whoops, school tomorrow... bedtime!

g'night

Yup the easypc kits are excellent. I got the free grab bag of cable ties also! I'm thinking about lapping my XP90 for my LGA rig in the works.....

Yea lapping my 7000 cu wasnt all that hard, I went from 400 (with water) to 800 to 1000 to 2000. Its about 4 c cooler now. I love this Zalman :D

That's dope man... I ordered a kit two days ago... should be here tomorrow I am thinkin.

Back